Its all just guess work in the end.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LokiD, May 7, 2020.

1. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I know right! Download the demo and give it a go for free, let me know what you think mate!

2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

all sims need the LFS layout editor. Fuck me that was good fun and very handy for creating karting tracks, or adding chicanes for tracks where you could cut massively. Also, boxmaster needs ramps.

3. Ermz

Ermz Registered

Jeezus, there's one part where a curb nearly takes a tyre off the rim. I thought only Beam went to that level!

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The point on that is, rF2 vehicles were a single solid chassis until they added chassis flex. So adding to an existing physics engine doesn't make it somehow laughable or canned. That's it.

By the same token, there would be things BeamNG doesn't do, and maybe one day they might feel a need to add those. That's ok too.

Have to correct you on that. Realfeel used rF1's steering arm force (telemetry output) exclusively. The majority preferred that clean FFB and rF2 did the same. Realfeel is often talked about as doing something revolutionary and rF2 copied it, but it actually just used something rF1 was already calculating.

The side benefit is that the steering arm force only works with a proper suspension setup, whereas the original rF1 FFB was based on a combination of factors which covered up fake/dodgy suspensions, so as more people used it mods were forced to run realistic suspensions. That in turn means less faking with tyre physics, and obviously that wasn't going to work with rF2's tyre approach anyway.