It is Very Dark in my Cockpit View

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by ZeosPantera, Mar 22, 2012.

1. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I searched around and can't tell if my situation is unique. All settings maxed my in-cockpit camera is dark and I mean 50% tinted window dark. If I unlock my camera in the cockpit and venture outside everything is bright and normal. So it isn't the camera itself and more the glass texture or shader or something.

Edit: Reviewing the video it appears my swingman is also affected but not as much...

The only plugin is the real head movement plugin (tweaked a bit). Which is why the camera's flop around a bit.

2. BYF

BYF Registered

I have noticed the same, this also makes the real rear view mirror appear very dark at times when compared to the virtual mirror(when turned on via PLR in cockpit view) which is much lighter and clearer.

Maybe adjustable windscreen/glass tint could be the way to go.

3. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

I get the exact opposite effect on the Nissan, it is super bright when in cockpit view, but normal in nose or tv camera view, I think it has to be something to do with the HDR....

Edit: I tried turning HDR off in the configure sim screen, then went to the track, and all was normal, then went back, and turned it back on, and all is well.... give it a try, maybe it will help.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012