It is nuts how unfair tracklimits are in rF2

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by blenzO, Nov 24, 2022.

1. blenzO

blenzO Registered

https://streamable.com/meuxcl
    I got 3 penalty points for this then a drivethrough? Why is the track limit system so extremely unfair and harsh? I don't understand how I gained an advantage. I gave up a whole second and it wasn't enough. I also feel like 3 penalty points for going marginally wide is overkill.

Obviously I understand this isn't intended by Studio 397 which is why I thought it'd be fair to post it in bug reports. Maybe replace the current system with real world track limit rules (3 warnings = black flag; 4th cut = 5 second time penalty or drivethrough).
    Also you should only be given a warning if you gained an advantage through the cut.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

all 4 wheels outside the white line.

3. Goanna

Goanna Registered

7135AE35-3C64-4C9B-BB50-B87CFBAD5F48.jpeg

4. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Additionally if the car is setup poorly it can result in overly harsh penalties. What car is it? I would not expect that to be 3 penalty points. You can share your trace log file for investigation too.

5. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

If you had lifted the throttle when all wheels was outside, you might have avoided the penalty. Just my guess.

6. lagg

lagg Registered

It's a Tatuus and from memory, seems the F3 T-318 (i've a bad memory, but it's the car that i'm currently using :D)