It is a shame!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Didi, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

IMHO the best use for the rfmod system will be for a league season series. You pack up the cars and the tracks make one big download and forget about it for 7 months. Everyone will have the correct components and the right versions.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I'm not so sure, as a league we want new drivers, all the time, so releasing a complete championship in one go and giving people +15 tracks to download just to join a few times during one specific event-week is not very consumer friendly.

The league members will get the stuff anyways, and they will have no issues to get/install our stuff because they can use our site/servers and they are getting informed on how to. its the visitors/potential new members that we want to serve by giving them easy access to our servers. so its most likely going to be vmod+1 every week instead of vmod+15+mod all at once.

I can only assume this will be similar for most leagues running open servers.

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Yes, same here, Fergy and Paul are releasing two track mods atm for championship.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Adding content to an exiting mod however.....not so sure about this.
    We usually change some stuff in a mod in rf1, improved tires, ability to damage repairs, able to pit in old cars, stuff like that. and our open server would simply allow mismatches based on that.

With rf2 this will be gone I reckon, if we want easy-access that is. Random joiners might grab a single track, especially if we provide it, but a mod? if they have the original already? I don't think so, I wouldn't for sure.