Issues with the new Realraod system (wet conditions)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sebastian Wunsch, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Sebastian Wunsch

Sebastian Wunsch Registered

Hey all,
    after some practicing on Spa in wet conditions I am very suprised how the new Real Road System is working with the new data. First of all the new handling in wet conditions is great and feels much more realistic than before. Also the new TC system is a great to adjust the help just much more in detail.

So now to my problems with the new system: The following settings I had for my wet practice test:
    upload_2022-8-11_16-32-55.png

Track temps in wet conditions: My track temps where in wet conditions the same, than I had in dry conditions. In both sessions I had 30-32,4°C track, with 25°C air. I think there is a small issue, because I think these temps are a little bit too high. Also when I am changing the server to the following settings, nothing will change: upload_2022-8-11_16-35-20.png

Drying lines:

With the old system you were able to see different lines where the track was more or less wet. With the new system you have on the most places the same amount of water, you dont see any driving lines, where it makes possibly sence to drive to get a drier line. Also when you miss the apex for example in Malmedy, NoName and Blanchimont you are not get in touch with more water off the track. With the old system you had a lot of work to find the dry line, otherways you get very big problems, this problems I did not had anymore, because there is only one binary system, wet with spray or drier without spray. I have added the replay file for you, so if you are interested you can just take a look. The only good thing in this part is, that we have still the situation, that we have spray on some parts of the track, while some other parts are already dry. Here you can also see my motec file.

If you need some more informations just feel free to write me a message.

Greedings
    Sebastian Wunsch

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    Rui Santos likes this.
  2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

The old system had a major bug, and it took way too long for the track to dry, if it would dry at all. I didn't watch your replay, but I assume you're driving alone, you'll need a lot more cars to make a drying line now, before the track drys by itself(depending on weather)

3. Sebastian Wunsch

Sebastian Wunsch Registered

Yeah for shure, when I am driving alone my thoughts where, that it will take some laps. But I was wondering when I drove alone without AI on our server. I started at 100% and already after 5 laps there was only 50% left. After 8 laps 25%...At the end og my stint on the display was the message slightly wet. So the drying speed is really fast in my opinion. But I had a track without spray but also without a drying line in this process. But I think you can see this issue better if you watch the replay from the 5th to 11th lap.