Issues starting behind safety car

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Rich Goodwin, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

This week in my league race I changed the starting procedure to start behind the Mercedes SLS safety car at Sebring.

As we took the green, I got a 10 second stop go and a lap deducted and three others got just a 10 second stop and go.

I have reviewed the pace lap.

I did overtake the guy I was meant to start behind at one point on the pace lap but relinquished the position come the start.

Is this the root of the issue.

Other drivers said starting behind the safety car always causes issues and is buggy.

Clarification would be great....

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

In the rfm (when creating the vmod) you can change how the start go's. On Green you either have to wait for the cars in front to cross the start/finish line before you can pass (default I think) or you change it to Green=Go (pass right away)

Pacelaps are always a bit questionable, either cars or the server gets things wrong but so far I haven't seen penalties due to that.
    We tend to ignore server messages (stay behind x driver) and just follow or stay next to the guy we are supposed to be besides based on qualifying.

So far we have found the rolling start is the best option, if you go for fast-rolling then the server will re-align cars and it can get very messy.
    With a rolling start it id up to the starting line for both above settings.

Also in the RFM you can alter the way full course yellows are handled, because with a safety car in action you might get those.
    you can change the amount of laps and some other things I forgot.

3. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Thank you very much for the advice. I will look in to it.