Issues on Dedicated server after latest BTCC car update

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Nicholas Homewood, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Nicholas Homewood

Nicholas Homewood Registered

Hello!

So since the latest update to the BTCC cars been having some major issues on the dedicated server we use for BTCC league

I'm able to package the .rfcmp files without issue, and these are uploaded to the steam workshop

I'm also able to create the .rfmod file without issue, and all the cars are visible in the selection there

Everyone was able to join the server and we ran practice and qualifying without an issue. As soon as the server progressed to the race session all the cars except the Toyota were kicked from the server citing "invalid vehicle configuration"

After this, I noticed that only the Toyota is visible on the Dedi client under "selected vehicle filters" as can be seen in screenshot

We've compared .veh and upgrade.ini files from the Corolla which is working to the other cars and can't find any obvious differences or glaring errors that we think would cause this issue. At a bit of a dead end now and would appreciate dev assistance

Thanks! image.png

2. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, i sometimes have this kind of problem, having some cars disappearing and my solution is to remake the ServerUnlock.bin file ...
    There is some kind of key or data that changes and disables some paid content.
    Try to remake the ServerUnlock.bin file.

3. Nicholas Homewood

Thanks for the reply, already tried this a couple times and unfortunately doesn't make a difference

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

If you use our version(sounds like you've made your own upgrade), does it work correctly?

5. Nicholas Homewood

The standard car versions work fine on the server, tested this just now

The main problem now is the fact that we can't find any difference in the files we've created in the skinpack between the Corolla which is working and the Focus, Q50 and i30 which are not.

6. Nicholas Homewood

7. Nicholas Homewood

Managed to get this fixed.

Uninstalled everything from the dedicated server, and set up again from scratch

DanRZ likes this.