Issues/Glitches/Bugs with Penalties

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by rFPlanet, Apr 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. rFPlanet

rFPlanet Registered

Hi,

We have had a few races this year on rFactor2, to be exact, 6 races. There is somekind of issue with the penalties which is given by the game.

1) For example if you are speeding in the pitlane then you receive 4 penalties, you can carry 2-3 penalties but after that u get DQ..

2) When some backmarker drivers are letting pass the leaders by going off the track, the game gives them a corner cutting penalty (which is also 4 penalties)

Is there a fix to this problem or is this somehow track/mod related issue?

Tracks what we have used:
    Daytona by SJ
    Melbourne by racerfactor
    Laguna Seca by senormen
    Bahrain by mcnolo?
    Imola by senormen
    Sepang by ISI

or mod related:?
    ISI Formula Masters ( with 2015 chassis modification )
    URD EGT

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Is track related.
    Test tracks before letting people have a race on it.
    Never heard of or experienced such things on ISIĀ“s Sepang track though..... are you shure it happend there too?
    Backmarkers should leaders pass by going off racing line, not by going off track!

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Being a confirmed back marker, I find more mayhem ensues when the passee tries to help the passer. What usually occurs is I either spin, slide off the track or miss my braking pt. But then, you get drivers who assume I'll be able and or capable of moving cleanly out of his way and barrel right into me....unleashing a tirade of bleepity-bleeps and ruining both our races. I never try to impede faster drivers, but I figure it is up to them to drive by me safely. I'll do what I can, but the mere fact I've been caught proves who is more in control of their vehicle.

WiZPER likes this.
  4. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Predictability is the key. In same class racing the backmarker obviously has to assist, but preferably by braking a bit earlier and making room by not claiming the apex.

In multi class racing ALLWAYS stick to your regular racing line, as the faster class wilk close in fast and won't have time for any 'communication'.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Speeding in the pits should give you either a drive-through or stop/go penalty, depending how much you exceeded the limit. Getting 4 penalties is not normal.

6. stonec

stonec Registered

I have raced 3 years at Bahrain by McNolo & ISI Sepang and it doesn't happen to my league. My guess is that it could be some timing glitch either due to server bandwidth/latency issue or client-side connection issue (many people now race with wireless 3G/4G networks, which isn't ideal for online gaming).