Issue with new GT3 skins in sessions

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by fsuarez79, Feb 3, 2019.

1. gluon

gluon Registered

What I noticed is that if I create a virtual ride with my own skin and drive it myself I see my livery, however when watching the replay it always defaults to the original S397 skin. There's no way I can see a replay with my custom skin, even after trying everything mentioned above. I've only tried with the Aston Martin though.

2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Tried this before seeing yours. Doesn't work.
    Yours may work because you've made a type error in "Texture":"al_purrporsche_region", (See the T is missing.
    This could cause the json file not to be read correctly and allow the defuse texture to work on it's own and not load the region texture. So reverting the add-on back to the same as they where before the region texture was added. Possible???

3. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

One thing I've noticed
    This is the original livery. Note; the banner.
    upload_2019-2-9_12-3-28.png
    Now this is my new virtual ride livery.This one is the folder I use as my painting folder so all the files are open sores, not in a Mas. Note; the livery is back to the original but check the banner.
    upload_2019-2-9_12-7-54.png
    Now that the livery is finished I've created a new folder and RCD ini that is now using a Mas. only in the folder. Note; the banner again.
    upload_2019-2-9_12-10-44.png

So as open sores the window DDS is being loaded to the AI driven car, but as a Mas file for sharing the windows default to one in the cars main Mas disregarding any WC texture completely.

Studio 397; Still got a lot off bugs to work out with this new system before you worry about adding it to new/old mods.

VirusGR42 likes this.
  4. TCLF

TCLF Registered

Didn't even see that, but I can assure you, the region file does work. It is very noticable on my skin if it wasn't :p
    20190209084632_1.jpg

But I will try now with fixing the typo.
    [edit] The json I used already had it without the typo.

5. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Nope. No joy here. The window works up that's only when it's open sores. Once it's pack in the Mas it stops working also.
    You must have done something else to the json apart from those two lines.

6. TCLF

TCLF Registered

Didn't do anything else tbh. Created a new team, did the materials, edited the json (I edited the original one as well before I made the new team)

7. Bostrom

Bostrom Registered

Does it actually work in the GT3 pack after the update?

8. TCLF

TCLF Registered

I will test this this weekend

9. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

I found that you need to delete the original alt.dds, json and region.dds files once you've got your own files in the virtual ride folder. I've just spent the afternoon writing a step-by-step tutorial for novice GIMP users and my vehicle did exactly the same thing on track (original skin instead of my own) until I removed the auto-generated alt* files.

I have a new problem in that the materials break though....

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

somebody posted the original materials showing through was solved be editing the region file.(not sure what that is)

11. Bostrom

Bostrom Registered

Works for me even after the last update, which was supposed to fix the problem, still not. :mad: