Issue Clio 1.41 & Mill's 1.3

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Jello, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Jello

Jello Registered

I am having a big problem with Mill's v1.3. I got & installed the 1.41 version of the Clio cup but it hasn't installed Mill's 1.3. So I deleted both the original & 1.41 version of the Clio cup then downloaded another version of the 1.41 from another mirror provided by ISI as I'd seen it posted here that it could be the problem. Done that added to packages & used mod manager to install again. The Clio mod isn't even showing up ingame under Series in single player & yet I can use the Clio's.

Still no Mill's 1.3. I'm at a loss & worried if I do a full delete & reinstall of rF2 I'll still have a problem. Any idea's?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2013
  2. MJP

MJP Registered

Mills v1.3 comes with the original Renault Clio Cup RFMOD which contains the car/sound/talent files as well which is why it's 355MB (you can see this when it's selected in mod manager). The v1.3 track is not available as a separate component yet but you can consider it as say a standalone track in that it doesn't require previous versions of Mills to be installed. Hence you can install the Renault Clio Cup RFMOD to a totally clean base rF2 install if you wanted to.

The v1.41 of the Clios comes as a component file and just contains new versions of the car/sound/talent files but are is no longer tied to the Mills (or any) track, once again you can see this in mod manager. If you only have the new Clio installed then it won't appear ingame under 'Series' because it's now a separate component not part of a 'Series' RFMOD like the original was (is).

To sum up if you uninstall the original Renault Clio Cup RFMOD, then Mills v1.3 gets removed too. So you need to have the original Renault Clio Cup RFMOD and the v1.41 version of the Clios installed.

Hopefully ISI will release Mills as a standalone component soon which will means you should no longer require the original Renault Clio Cup RFMOD. Will be interesting to see if the track gets a further update or will be purely an number changing exercise like Limerock.

As an aside yet again this weekend I notice the Clio servers with the most cars in are still using the original Renault Clio Cup RFMOD. The new Clios have been out what a month now, server operators need to keep up, if they continually run old stuff then that forces people to keep old stuff installed in order to join them!

3. canastos

canastos Registered

And I would add a couple of things: to use Clio 1.41 offline, you must select All cars and tracks, and, if you want Mills but don't need previous version of Clio, you can choose to install Formula Renault 3.5 or Megane Trophy, as both include Mills, Malaysia and Portugal

byyyyyyyyyye

4. MJP

MJP Registered

Agreed on the appearance of Clio v1.41 after selecting 'All tracks and cars' but not on your Mills point. He wanted v1.3 which currently only comes with the original Renault Clio Cup RFMOD. The Megane/Formula Renault RFMODs only come with v1.0/1.2 of Mills/Malaysia and Portugal.

5. canastos

canastos Registered

Good point, thank you :)

byyyyyyye

6. Jello

Jello Registered

Thnx for the info guys, I'll have a good look at the mod manager.

7. Ash74

Ash74 Registered

You could always make a copy of the mills1.3 folder then uninstall the old Clio mod and then put the mills1.3 folder back in it to the locations folder. Then u will still have all versions of mills without the Clio v1.0.

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Also wondered where my Mills 1.3 has gone but this explains :p

Hopefully there isn't too much difference between 1.2 and 1.3 because we had a race in 1.2 last night.

9. Jello

Jello Registered

I'm going to have to look for it that way I think Ash, or wait for the next build or ISI to actually update the Mill's Metro download. I tried a full clean install (removed all rF2 folders) using the 198build installer. Installed only the ISI mods one at a time & guess what? Still no Mill's v1.3. I give up lol.

TIG, this all happened when I upgraded the Clio mod, I didn't remove the original mod, so I have no idea how or why it happened, but I can't seem to work around this problem as yet. There is a difference between 1.2 & 1.3 as can only join Clio servers still running the 1.2 version.

Come on ISI, how hard is it to upgrade the Mill's download on the downloads page? You guys managed to put up all the v1.49 1966 tracks, but not Mill's Metro V1.3? I have been very happy with rF2 till now & this has been one big headache, but would be so simple to fix if that DL was available seperately.

10. MJP

MJP Registered

If you have the original 'Renault Clio Cup' RFMOD installed then you automatically have Mills v1.3 installed too. Look in mod manager and you can see what you have.

11. Jello

Jello Registered

MJP I reinstalled a clean rF2 & installed the original clio cup & it was still a non event.

12. MJP

MJP Registered

I'd love to see what you're actually doing, if you install the original Clios you get Mills V1.3 too, it's part of the RFMOD. Here's a pic of Mod Manager where it actually shows you this.

Now granted depending on whether you have the Megane/Formula Renault RFMODs installed too you may find in game you can only see the v1.3 of Inner Loop B layout (in list view, spinner view will only show v1.2, a known bug you'll see it affects Malaysia update too).

Another small oddity is although the original Clio RFMOD actually installs 5 Mills v1.3 layouts, the Clio Series is set to only run 2 layouts (Inner Loops B and C).

Also from what I've seen even though the updated Clios have been available just over a month, every time I look at the racelist the Clio servers with most drivers in are still running the original RFMOD which means v1.0 Clios and v1.3 Mills!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2013
  13. Jello

Jello Registered

Ok MJP. Here's an update. I started to find some other software issues with my system, so being one that always backs up everything I need, just in case & also knowing that there are times where you simply just need to format & do a full OS reinstall, I did just that, it has been almost 2 years since I did the last one.

I then reinstalled rF2 & each of the ISI mods & my problem has been fixed. I don't understand it:confused:, I can't explain it :confused:. I used the original Clio V1 DL I have always used & this time it has worked. I did have it installed & it did come up in the mod manager before I did the format, but I still couldn't get Mill's 1.3? It is just beyond me as to why.

Thnx for your patience & advice :).