ISI's Settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PLAYLIFE, Nov 5, 2012.

1. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Haven't been here around much of late due to 'life' getting in the way so apologies if this has already been brought up. I mentioned it in the depths of some thread I don't recall a few months back but think it's worthy of it's own topic.

Since my time is limited these days, I don't have time to tinker with settings over countless hours like I used to. I would appreciate if ISI would provide some of their settings, both PC info (processor, graphics card, driver set etc.) as well as their actual rF2 settings for their controllers, plr files, and other software settings (HDR, etc.).

I think it would help a few of us to tune our own machines and software to get it running to an acceptable level straight off the bat - it's at least a starting point from which we can tune from.

Part of the reason I've not spent much time with rF2 lately is because it takes a while to get the game running at a decent fps. And to be honest I've lost touch with what all the different settings do (multi-sampling etc) within various software profiles. I know the information is somewhere in these forums but they are all scattered throughout multiple threads and posts.

Even a sticky with some basic settings like G27 controller FFB would be a start.

2. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Cheaper PC runs it fine - I5 2600k 8gb ram and nvidia 560ti runs it maxed at 1920x1080 and 90+ fps...So anything that and above should be fine unless your running 3 screens, as for wheels etc, i will leave it for others. Should be able to build a something like that for 500-600.

3. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

I would assume the ISI guys have the settings for low-mid-high end spec computers optimised (or closer to optimised) than most of us since they know the ins and outs of the software and have probably meddled and tinkered with all sorts for the past x years they've been running it.

Even as basic as simple PC specs with their average fps would be a good base to work from allow us to correlate and even provide feedback as to which systems seem to be lacking.

I think in helping the community with their base settings, we'd better be able to provide useful feedback. The info should be stored in a single thread.

Just my 2 cents.

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Yes, I would like that too if possible, complete noob here at settings and Im struggling with my 9800gt, even if I have i-7 with 64bit w7.