ISI, where we can find tires specifications ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GaetanL, Nov 17, 2012.

1. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Hi,

I would know tires specification for licensed cars (and if possible for others :p). There are no way to see this in game, I can't find anything.
    Especially, optimal tire temperature and pressure (I think it's important to set the car).
    ISI, can you communicate few tires specification or where we can find them ?

For example I search this for Clio Cup, what's the optimal temperature and pressure for a best work on tires ?

thanks for help.

2. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

in the File Tires_Clio.TBC is stated:
    OptimumPressure=(150, 0.011) - which means: Base pressure to remain flat on ground at zero deflection, and multiplier by load to stay flat on ground
    Temperatures=(90, 25) - which means: Optimum operating temperature for peak forces (Celsius), starting temperature

To get this file, you have to go to Documents\rFactor2\Support\Tools and open the MAS2.exe
    In this Tool you click on "Open as MAS or loose File" and browse to Documents\rFactor2\Installed\Vehicles\Renault_Clio. There you choose the ClioCup_MAIN.mas File. You can now see all the included Files in that MAS. Out of those Files you have to find the File Tires_Clio.TBC, right click it and choose "extract". Now you can choose a Folder to extract to (i.e. your Desktop). You can open the TBC file with your normal Windows Text-Editor

3. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Ok thanks mate.
    But for OptimumPressure I don't understand how it's works. For example defaut pressure in set is 160, and after some laps tire pressure is over 200 (in front). I don't see the link with (150,0.011)

Sorry I've a bad english maybe I don't see an obvious fact :p

4. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

i don't know if i understand that right, but i think the 150 PSI would be without any weight of the car on the tires. So maybe, if each tire gets a load of roughly 300 kg just of the weight of the car, maybe the optimum pressure is 150Psi + 300kg*0.011Psi/kg = 153.3 Psi. That is how i would guess it works. But maybe someone from ISI could explain all that to us!?

5. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I'm not from ISI staff ;) but yes, that's how it works. The second value defines, how sensitive to load a particular tyre is. With high values, you can make it very sensitive (so, your average hot pressure will be a compromise) or make it less sensitive, so hot pressure will be ok for almost all the corners within a lap.

JJStrack, the units are not PSI, but kPa.

EDIT: For 300kg load (2943N), compared to no load on the tyre, pressure has to be increased by 32kPa. For 450kg (4414N) load (so, 50% more), that would be additional increase by 16kPa (total 48.6 kPa compared to no load). Which looks fairly OK for that kind of tyre.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012
  6. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

:eek: sorry :) didn't check it back while writing this. But you are right, kPa is the SI-normed Unit for tires.

7. Nils

Nils Registered

the .tbc is used only for the AI, player uses the new tire files...

8. Marek Lesniak

I think someone from ISI staff said, starting temp and pressure sensitivity are still taken from tbc, but I'm not 100% sure.

9. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

what new tire files?? i messed around with the tbc's over the last day, and at least in Dev Mode i noticed significant changes!
    This was in the Nissan 370Z files....maybe newer cars have different files

10. Marek Lesniak

You can still use tbc model in Dev Mode (it has to be enabled in PLR). In normal mode, only AI use tbc.

11. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Go to TGM file, there realtime section is what you want to play with :)

My understanding is that when tire model is more complete, nothing from tbc is used.

If temperature and pressure sensitivity is taken from TBC, then, imo, all these can be used or not used as they are related.
    As things will change anyway, not sure if it is much worth to do very time consuming stuff, apart from learning what new bits do, future changes may however make large changes even to that, so it is good to keep in mind.

12. Domi

Domi Registered

If I'm not wrong, the units used are Newtons, not Kg. So for 300kg of load (let's say ~3000N) you should use 3000*0.011 + the 1st OptimumPressure value.

13. Marek Lesniak

Hah, you got me on that one! :) Yes, you are right. I just blindly followed with JJStruck's example. I apologise. I edited that post:

For 300kg load (2943N), compared to no load on the tyre, pressure has to be increased by 32kPa. For 450kg (4414N) load (so, 50% more), that would be additional increase by 16kPa (total 48.6 kPa compared to no load). Which looks fairly OK for that kind of tyre.