ISI Track Team Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miro, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The textures in a couple rF2 tracks (Atlanta is a prime example) can be superb, while on an interestingly opposite trend, Assetto's tracks have been receiving "standard" assets from their tracks, and the gravel traps are atrocious. Sadly, a lot of the stuff looks very dated already.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2016
  2. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Windows 10 is for free, what is the problem?

3. redapg

redapg Registered

One Problem e.g. could be, that not everybody wants to have Windows 10 installed on his machine.

4. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

You can update for free from win 7 to win 10. Everybody must do that sooner or later win 7 support is not going to last for ever. I don`t see any problem with that but I see loads of problems when DX9 is used.

5. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Yeah, you can't really just sit back and expect gaming to cater to ageing hardware and software. Granted, many hated and skipped Windows 8 but public opinion validated that they wouldn't need to update but Windows 10 is definitively the future of Windows platforms. (And so, *so* much better than W8. I still think W7 was the best OS MS has produced but 10 is a close second and has a massively better boot time and far better prefetch code so generally runs way quicker). There are also very few real compatibility issues with upgrading. That said I did ensure that all versions of W10 I use have Destroy Windows 10 Spying Now installed and manually uninstalled all of that metro crap.

Windows 7 is now as old as Windows 95 was when XP came out, it's time to start consigning it to history. Nobody was really surprised or protested when, say, Fallout 4 dropped 32bit OS support and there were few (albeit vocal) holdouts when Thief 3 and its brothers forced DX7 cards in to retirement, or Oblivion forced the DX9b issue. This is ultimately just the way the market goes. I personally hesitated in making the jump to Windows 7 from XP and in retrospect I can't understand why I did. It took some adjustment but it was ultimately worth it and that's an upgrade I had to pay for. A free, reversible OS upgrade seems like way less of a reason to baulk. Not to mention that mainstream support for Windows 7 ended over a year ago which will somewhat force the issue with time.

With that said I doubt RF2 will make the jump to DX11/DX12. Seems like ISI (perhaps understandably) care more about the physics code. Still, it'll be one of the only holdouts as time goes on. As it is Steam OS statistics show that in well under a year Windows 10 64bit is already on the verge of being the dominant gaming OS, with 32.8% of the market to Windows 7 x64's 34.3% (and Windows 8 x64's 1.9%). At its current growth rate it will be the leading gaming OS by March and (especially as Windows 10 has no planned replacement anywhere within the next decade) will become the one and only realistic platform for high-end PC gaming within two to three years, not to mention that devs will likely increasingly shun W7 and prior due to their lack of ARM and DX12 support. DirectX 9 as a standard is fourteen years old and 9.0c is twelve; the last real DX9 GPUs were put out nine years ago and DirectX 10 was, let's face it, almost stillborn.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2016
  6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I sure hope if we're all expected to keep updating expensive graphics cards and CPUs (that's what I was just told above when showing concern that the new Toban will be once again a "heavier" track than its predecessors), that updating to free Windows 10 is not a hindrance.

7. Duvel

Duvel Registered

cry cry cry, cry cry - marc collins 2016 and probably 2017.

8. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead Staff Member

Click down your circuit detail; that's all you have to do. If you think we are overdoing with details then you shouldn't have any problem in removing those, just loading high or medium, instead full.

We can't introduce a circuit detail per track because there are infinite track/car/car quantity combos and infinite settings combination. Track complexity it's just one of the variables involved in your FPS goal. It's like that for every sim out there, infact I can't run pCARS with same settings for all combos, nor AC, if I want to keep my FPS goal safe.

I don't know why are you bashing that much on this, really. But please stop it. I've really enough of your negativity over here.

9. Duvel

Duvel Registered

i just think it's ridiculous that he insists rf2 doesn't look fine without SSAA (so i assume he has it on), then complains of performance issues. Talk about having your cake and eating it.

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Member

Welcome to PC gaming, Marc. ;)

11. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Game has performance issue with Nvidia cards.

12. Duvel

Duvel Registered

what performance issues?

13. Tuttle

Issue? I'm not aware of any issue...and for sure you are not solving a performance issue using SuperSampling. :D

14. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Inn games settings are all you need as you describe in your post #1547 :)

15. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Read forums my friend there are loads of threads about it. Just for info I have tested R 390 vs 980Ti. R390 outperforms high end Nvidia cards like 980 ti in rFactor2 R 390 it is half of the price.

16. Tuttle

I've an "old" GTX780 stock and he's running just great. I'm not sure what problems your are saying...btw BIG OT here... :p

17. Duvel

Duvel Registered

people making profound claims with no evidence, ya know, the usual **** in sim racing.

I'm happy to consider that something might be causing a 980ti to lose to the 390 in some scenario (or bug), but what annoys me is that this is quite a statement to make and not provide anything to back it up, that's when i get impatient. twice now you've had a chance to make your point clearly and you are purposefully being obscure.

18. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

This is not right thread but if you go to this thread: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/26985-New-NVIDIA-SLI-profile we can discuss about Nvidia cards performance in rFactor2.

19. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Buy a console.

Buy ATI.

Fantastic job track team, keep up the good work!

20. Duvel

Duvel Registered

So let me get this straight, first you make the claim that "Game has performance issue with Nvidia cards" which insinuates you mean all nvidia cards, then you modify that to mean only the 980ti, then you modify this to mean only when in SLI?

[​IMG]