ISI Track Team Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miro, Nov 13, 2013.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Looks pretty grey to me... :)
    GRAHAM-HILL-MONACO-GRAND-PRIX-26TH-MAY-1963-1-C31346.jpg

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks Track Team! Screw the NASCARs I'm taking the BTCC cars round this and having my very own UK Spedeworth style National Hot Rod Race :D

4. Minibull

Minibull Member

Wa-hey! This guy...hope he's here all week

XD

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Please no rain drop on the eyeballs! Somem games forget this... I'm looking at you Drizzlepath! :p

Very rare cameras get rain on them to... I hope to feel like I have a visor with rain streaming across it.

Anyway... back to normal programming :)

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I really don't like fantasy tracks & never used them

but I guess in the case of ovals, there will always be something very similar in the rel world to a standard fantasy oval digital creation
    unlike road courses

7. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

And you came to that conclusion ... after you had to ask if it's a real place? How can you be 100% sure you've never used a fantasy track?

I'm sure you can find it somewhere inside the nostalgic heart of every true simracer ... that's real enough for the simracer in me :) .

8. Tony

Tony Registered

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

...but you don't play RF2 anyway so Real Tracks mean nothing to you here either :p

10. stonec

stonec Registered

Real life trees don't have this desaturated look if they are exposed to direct sunlight. Actually desaturation itself is not natural, it's something a lot of movies and games add as effect (try some of the Assetto Corsa post-process filters, they make things look extremely desaturated). If you walk outside on a sunny day you'll notice grass and trees especially look often more colorful than what computer screens are capable of showing, that's one reason HDR was invented. These Monaco screens look otherwise good, but the trees look like they are not exposed to direct sunlight, or if they are, they don't look natural to me.

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Do you do research on a track you've never heard of to see if it just so happens to exist (or had existed) on our planet before telling yourself if you're "allowed" to race on it? Lol :)

"Oops, I've been racing on this absolutely amazing xxx track for the past few months, I really love the corner-combos in sector 2, but I just found out the track doesn't happen to really exist so, screw it, I'm never racing here again".

"Oops, I just found out xxx track is in-fact a real-life track; I don't have to stop myself from racing on it any longer"

"Damnnn, this track looks so awesome and perfectly suits low-powered open-wheel cars, but wait, I can't allow myself to drive on it yet because I have to first research if it also happens to exist on Earth before I can decide wether I allow myself to race on it"

LOL!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2015
  13. dylbie

dylbie Registered

I know this is slightly off topic, but that statement made me think: has anyone ever made a track for rF1 or rF2 with a loop-the-loop? With enough speed or downforce, would it work? I think Stunt Racer and Carmageddon had them! :)

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Loop-d-loop! That's it! I had to say "360 degree flip" because I couldn't remember the "proper" term, lol. Thanks!

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

+1 ;)

16. 88mphTim

Not actually sure with rf1, but they did in prep for the Speed Racer movie. rF1 was the engine used for the motion platforms the drivers were filmed in. They did want to use it for other things, but they were not good enough drivers to stay on the track. So AFAIK unless Speed Racer needed special code, they did work at one point in isiMotor2.

17. RNelson

RNelson Registered

Those who can (drive fast) do, and those that can't focus on graphics.....

18. Minibull

Minibull Member

[​IMG]

19. Eddy

Eddy Registered

ah yes i remember, didn't you post it on facebook some time ago in a tbt thread? sorry for the ot :eek:

20. 88mphTim

Yup