ISI track content discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stonec, Sep 8, 2014.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Not really called for.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Begging suddenly doesn't make production work faster, I would have thought people would know this by now? The need for validation and the bitching when you don't get what you want reeks of people that haven't matured into an adult.

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

P.S.R

I don't need anyone to know what i like as well, i agree and i just want to share that info with you guys. I mean everybody is talking about any simulation game and some are taking it deeply serious but are not intrested in the opinion of pros, that is somewhat ironic to me. If you are not intrested in my opinion who is real you wan't understand or know what real pros think about public car simulation software, they simply and mostly just have a smile for. Even me who always was enthusiastic about this stuff am sometimes doing hard to believe what am i doing.

I know people who are driver by heart have a different opinion than technicians but thats the truth and real, pros mostly just have a smile for, because why, it is just fantasy. Adding fantasy names and content just supports and adds to somerhing gamey.

I like it and have almost fun with it but i also am not able to ignore the fact when i'm starting to analyze that it is just a very good simulation game, more or less complete.

First priority for myself is fun and i like to see people have fun and if they have fun with fantasy i feel still good because i know someone more is lucky. ;)

If i can add or contribute to the progress i'll be one more happy again.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
  4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

OMG.
    I mean: seriously?
    Did you ever moved a race car on track?
    Do you know anything about racing??
    In this times the majority of race drivers use simulators.
    They donĀ“t have a smile for it except because of fun!

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

You don't get the point and of course every racedriver is using rf2, i know.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

6. stonec

stonec Registered

MountainPeak is an interesting track because it will feature infield layout(s), so it will be usable for both oval and road racing. Still infield will probably not be very much ideal for fast cars. I think a big majority prefers to race with fast cars and tracks built for them, including fast corners. This is currently what is lacking in rF2 content (the tracks, the fast cars are there).

7. freew67

freew67 Registered

But it is a great track.

8. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Very powerful cars race on rovals, dude!

9. Traveller

Traveller Member

I'd take it with the stock cars if it's the GPL era version of the track. I hot lapped rF1's "The Mother" with the The Pits' TPSCC mod for a few weeks. "Ain't nobody crazy enough to do this gig than old JayBee".

10. Minibull

Minibull Member

Scooby Doo ovals are the best.

11. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Why do you think so?

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Click PREVIOUS for #2 ranked
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-circuits-in-the-history-of-formula-1/page/27

I pretty much go along with 90% of that, would have to include Mosport and Rouen though :rolleyes: ......as you rightly highlight ;)

You get my drift though everyone has there thing, others won't agree with that list at all.

Personally the 3 tracks the OP mentions, Suzuka, Spa and Nordschleife ( modern versions I assume ) do not really interest me.
    I drive Historics so I am stuck in the 1960 time warp. lol

Having rF2, AC, pCARS and GPL I like rF2 historic versions best.
    I find a few noticeable differences in maps especially Spa, rF2 makes better use of camber imho.
    AC and pCARS Historic circuits I do not how else to explain other then they make me feel as if I am driving a restored version in 2014, they both feel a bit flat as well.

pCARS for me has a uncanny GPL look, especially Malmedy ( 1st chicane) which in PCARS and GPL ( and every simbin title ) is like a roller coaster ride down, too steep, look at historical footage it is flatter as portrayed in rF2, at least that is what I see.

If you have all those sims Guimengo I be interested on your take on the variations

-------

Anyways there are better people and things to have a go at, if you that way inclined.

Me personally I do not call anyone's work "poor" or somehow not worthy which is all I got from Post #1
    I like one version more then the next I will highlight that aspect .... not detract from other content I never liked in the first place.

If rF2 doubled the offline cost and added another 10 circuits would that make everyone happy ? No

------------

Why don't we just form a modder and painters association ?
    Take dues/memberships and commence a "greenlight/startup" whatever and commission the next "free mod" gurus to the first set of tracks before anyone grabs them ? lol
    Make it a democracy everyone gets a vote, which tracks, maybe done on rotation by series or period.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
  13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I do have all the titles you mentioned and I agree about Malmedy. It has been a long while since I touched it in pCARS, I believe when it came out as a first testing build so I have no idea about layout improvements. GPL had the tracks but for their majority weren't really accurate. Supremely fun though, I may actually prefer their Spa over rF2's seemingly correct layout! I enjoy both rF2's and AC's Monza, really tough to pick one there to be honest. The undeniable jump in quality of ISI tracks with Brianza in rF1 carried over to the research and recreation of their historic material in rF2. Like force feedback, it went from a weakness to a major strength.

I think I know what you mean about the old layout in today's times, and it's probably down to your FFB - and AC does feel like it portrays less detail through the wheel, yes, but I did use to feel quite connected to the road. But since a couple of updates I somewhat lost that feeling, which is a shame. Perhaps AC's Monza just edges out rF2's but I do miss a better feeling of my tires from older builds of AC.

Last brief mention, I am yet to try pCARS' Monaco, I'll give it a spin in the next update I get. Their Watkins Glen looks sweet but I want the historic short layout! Rouen... I don't think it's been touched yet, still the way off Shift 2 version. To their credit the quality of the track work from recent times, on every track they've been polishing and developing, has been outstanding. The care to get (at least) modern layouts as accurate as they can is fantastic. Yes they have a handful of folks working on different aspects of tracks a few at a time but it's like a group of ants rampaging through a spilled bag of sugar. Really impressive.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Thanks for replay very interesting.

15. stonec

stonec Registered

Ask any real driver what sort of tracks they prefer to drive on. 9/10 will answer tracks with long, fast sweeping corners such as Spa, Suzuka, etc. I have never heard an F1 driver say they enjoy the Abu Dhabi twisty sections or twisty oval infields.

16. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Ah ok makes sense but what about slower cars?

17. Domi

Domi Registered

Some of those tracks have alternative shorter layouts (Suzuka for example).

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Slower cars can work on tracks that higher powered cars don't. F1 always sucked in Barcelona but the track was ok with GTs and MotoGP.

19. blakboks

blakboks Registered

I think when people say 'slower' cars, they're talking about things like the Clio's or Skippy's, not GTR's, Corvettes, or even Camaro's.

20. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Yeah, but my point is if 9/10 drivers like tracks with fast turns then does that mean 9/10 drivers drive fast cars?