ISI track content discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stonec, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Domi

Domi Registered

I haven't judged you (couldn't care less :)). I simply found funny your complain about community wanting F1 tracks, when those kind of tracks are needed for 2/3 of ISI's cars.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Fair enough. :)
    I'm at work and in a really bitchy mood, so I think I will just leave it there. :)

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

3. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I don't care what the track is called if its a real track, I personally don't like " fantasy" tracks that are made from scratch but that's just me. I'd much rather wait for Jacksonville or Orchard Lake and especially Northamptonshire ( love that version way better than the new one ) knowing that it is ISI born.
    There seems to be a lot of stuff being released for AC that makes me think its all converted from RF1.
    I don't mind RF1 conversions in RF2 if they are done properly too.
    But names can be changed, surely that can't be too hard lol.

P.S while I'm at it, a late 90s IMSA series and a scanned Sandown with 2 versions, current and 84 World Sportscars vers please lol, of course.......when you have a spare 10 minutes.

4. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

They are.

As for tracks, keep doing what you're doing ISI. I'm personally very happy with the content provided to this point.

It is funny though, I know people who won't race Loch Drummond because it's fictional, despite it being a very enjoyable circuit IMO.

Also, Mores. I'd never heard of it but really enjoy it thanks to rF2.

5. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

There is some game out there with the initials AC that could fulfill your happiness regarding tracks without destroying your eyes.

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

I don't mind anything ISI is doing and how they do because i'm sure they know what they do very well and what is best for them, i just mind cars, don't like fantasy tracks and would like to see tracks fitting the cars we have and will get. The names of the tracks i just see when i load it not when i drive it for what the simulation is for and is about, .......driving not reading.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

7. stonec

stonec Registered

Loch Drummond is a nice track, but again it's too small to even run a Formula 2 league event at, Turn 1 is simply too narrow. Same problem as with Lime Rock and Mores, only works for a very limited set of cars. Estoril is currently not very usable due to large FPS drops for many users, Sepang is usable but layout is quite a bit wrong and too bumpy compared to real. Which leaves Indy and Silverstone as only proper options for fast cars.

8. speed1

speed1 Banned

True that. I once ridn with a howston on Mores in first gear or so. :) Altough i can't judge the accuracy of any track that well, the bumpyness is maybe due to the FFB and cars generating to much steer bump. The current GT cars don't do that anymore.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Spinelli

Re.fantasy tracks, yes it might just be psychological, never have liked or used fantasy tracks,

I like historic tracks (as they were used etc) & current real world tracks only, not interested in tracks that have never existed

again I don't care what name the tracks are given if no license available
    As long as the layout / inclines / cambers etc are just the same

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
  10. freew67

freew67 Registered

Jacksonville and Mountain Peak are far from fantasy. In my eyes they are different enough to keep the lawyers happy. :) I personally feel fantasy tracks can be great tracks. Once you toss out it being based off a real track, your imagination and banking is the only limit. For example, in rF1 90 deg of banking did not work very well. lol To each their own. People complaining about tracks not being correct for any reason, is why some folks make the fantasy tracks.

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

As someone who has been around a while, let me suggest that the term "fantasy track" not be used interchangeably for i) fictional tracks that come from the mind of a modder/artist and ii) replicas of real-world tracks that just happen to not be licensed and therefore use an alternate name and advertising banners.

Once it is clear that fantasy tracks are fictional, remember also that some are attempts at realism and others are closer to the fantastic--as in unrealistic, but perhaps fun if you like banking or hills or a track-side environment that is fantastical rather than real.

So in reality we have four track types:

1) Fictional - Fantasy
    2) Fictional - Realistic
    3) Real - Licensed
    4) Real - Unlicensed

Personally I enjoy #2 through #4, but if others like #1, more power to them. Who cares what others like at the end of the day? There are tracks in the #2 category that are more exciting and fun to drive than some real tracks and also as has been pointed out, different tracks suit different classes of race cars, so would we rather have a fictional track that is great for our particular favourite race series/class, or not have it because we are waiting months or years for only real tracks?

I bet that even for someone with my preferences, there could be a Fantasy category track that could be fun depending on its design.

Think about which category some of the tracks are in and then look at the discussion above...

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

No, I have never been to Estoril. You make a good point. My reference point is older, worse-quality versions of Estoril for other sims. So by comparison, the current ISI one seems great. Compared to an iRacing mirror-quality version, it probably sucks.

However, ignorance is bliss. Since the imperfections don't bother me, I am able to just enjoy it as it is. Hopefully an updated version will be as much or more fun when it gains accuracy.

13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Give some folks around here free money and they'll complain about the currency.

14. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

This is exactly how I think about it :) I like Loch Drummond (with some cars), and Mills Metropark, as well as some of the real-life tracks. And off course an advantage of "realistic" fantasy tracks, is that you can make them less realistic (read, Less tilke-drome), by not including miles of asphalt beside the track, but gravel traps will do (and they CAN be smaller if that is needed for circuit that may be laying behind it). It could feel very realistic (although it may not pass real life safety checks).

Look how many people want Toban, and Essington, to name a few. And personally I like such track in other games as well. I do play Gran Turismo from time to time, and Apricot Hill is one of my favorite tracks in the entire game, because I really like it's flow, but it still feels realistic. Then there are off course fantasy tracks there like Cape Ring, which I don't like at all, because it isn't realistic (there is a big jump on some of the layouts.....). Off course, I really like the real tracks (licenced or not), but Fantasy track, as long as they are realistic, I can really like too (depending on layout off course, as goes for real tracks :p )

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Great tracks that exist in real life with rich history make a difference over any kind of fantasy track. I like Essington and have enjoyed Toban a couple of times, but no they could never hold a candle to a real proper track. Not just any track (as my first sentence clearly delineates). Mores is one example of a very well realized track that is real that does absolutely nothing for me. You could run go karts there so the karting track list isn't exclusive to Québec.

=/=

I always prefer real tracks over fantasy tracks especially if it means foregoing a real track for a fantasy track. I'll enjoy that we'll be getting two new tracks but would wish they'd follow the real life counterparts so they'd be an accurate representation. I also would like new tracks before work on original tracks is done because I either dislike them or don't believe they suit the content I wish to race, therefore no point in looking pretty if it'll still only be used due to the absolute lack of options (speaking of mods not filling the wide gap here).

16. speed1

speed1 Banned

Show some people BS and they believe it is gold.

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

So a lot of folks here don't want Spa, Suzuka, Fuji, Lemans, Road America....?
    Good luck!

18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Most people's problem seems to be they like to spend their time discussing intricacies rather than playing in the damn game!

19. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

Who fantasy tracks like also like fantasy cars :)))

20. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Variety is the spice of life. :)