ISI please bring this track to RF2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mibrandt, May 3, 2015.

1. speed1

speed1 Banned

How it comes that Luc is mentioned as a one of the Track Artist over at the Copa de Petrobas ? I don't get the relationship here and how that works. Could it be that ISI has any revenue from Reiza products or is it just a friendship ? Just asking out of curiousity not that i like to know any details, because i would respect and like either way and it would just strenghten my respect to all of you involved, because the ISI engine and themself where my all time favorite, from the day one there engine saw the light, back in the days of the late 90's i guess it was.

So if there is a possibility, i really would like to see those brazilian tracks in rf2, especially the short sprint like tracks, the kind i like a lot, to repeat corners fast, not like Nordschleife where you have to ride along an hour to meet the same corner again. :)

And it is very rerfreshing to see that there are other tracks on the planet other than the same all over the place in every driving sim, which i really can't see anymore and which don't get me hooked on anymore, as for example Silverstone which i hate meanwhile.

I remember the days of Toca where we ridn it till we had an upset stomach. :rolleyes:

I hope Reiza can do something for you there. Meanwhile i'm riding a bit with De Copa de Petrobas, just because of the nice little tracks in and the good loocking visuals as well as the good driving experience. Sorry to say so but the debth of there cockpit view is somewhat better than in rf2, the even in 2D has a great 3D debth and don't looks flat. I really feel the Steering column and wheel more as a unit for itself other than in rf2 where i always struggle to get the perspective right.

I could tell you a lot more but i'll stop here before you get upset or feel offended, but you should know i'm happy that we have ISI. What i would do otherwise as a little man and consumer, the has no access to pro driving simulators.

Sure not risking to loose my driver license just to ride a Porsche or any other performance car i have access to every now and then on a official route. For track days i have no time anymore, so i need you. :)

2. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

There is a very logical explanation for that. Luc works for Reiza and ISI. I guess both companies recognize his talent. :)

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

Hmm... ok, i'm not familar with the software world, but yes why not. Luc must be very bussy than i guess.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

A lot of the guys come from the same place and are very closely tied. Work goes back and forth. Maybe they used some of his textures? No idea really. :)

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

Ok understand, enough information for me. It's like me jumping between service garages of a specific brand for special orders in the past a lot, even when i was employed and worked for the competitor in the sense, but at least it was the same business and brand, as is yours with your engine and work i guess. :)

6. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Maybe this is well known to many but I am ignorant to what this thread alludes to. Sorry but I guess don't follow the goings on of sim world as much as maybe I should. So I glean here that ISI and GSC have some kind of cooperative relation? And that I surmise from the OP that ISI "acquired" Interlagos from them? And why don't they get Suzuka by the same method? If that's the case, I can name (and I'm sure we all could) plenty of tracks I'd like to see "acquired".

I see this from Tim:
    Tim, can you elaborate or link me to any details? And if there is some arrangement whereby ISI gets some tracks from them I want to put in MY push for :

ROUEN LES ESSARTS!! I believe I see in my digging around that GSC has that track as of 2014.

7. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I'm with Rick on both counts...

8. yusupov

yusupov Registered

if you see rouen in SCE its bc it was ported over from rfactor, its not an official track.

ofc i agree i would love to see ISI do the track

9. stonec

stonec Registered

Well isn't it obvious it would look a bit foolish if GSCE released Suzuka and few weeks later it appeared on rF2. Not exactly helpful for GSCE sales. Interlagos is old Reiza track from around 2010, they probably didn't invest as much time and effort on it as these newer tracks so it was probably easy to reach a deal with ISI on that one.

10. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Actually none of it is obvious to me. Hence my post. This is all just a big mish mash of tidbits that pique my curiosity.

This tidbit seems to indicate ISI gave them the farm. For one old track?

Well if it was ported from rFactor why can't ISI have that one?

Just looking for some clarity. Tim would be the only one with any of that. Not trying to pry into deep company secrets but am just excited if there is an avenue to get more tracks (MY favorite track... :D ) sooner than later. If it's something we can't be told then just say that and I'll quit dreaming.

11. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

All I wanna know is... Would it be a possibility for ISI to get Their hands on this awesome track? Like they did with interlagos...I think it would be a very nice addition and I think something that would bring great value to the product RF2. What is often critizized is lack of High profile tracks imo. So if it is a possibility I hope ISI will seriously consider doing it :)

12. stonec

stonec Registered

Interlagos wasn't what gave Reiza gMotor 2.0 engine, they've had it since many many years ago and probably paid for it quite a lot. Maybe Interlagos deal involved ISI giving them some new engine bits, that I don't know about. What I'm saying is Reiza isn't gonna give Suzuka to ISI for release few weeks after it's out on GSCE, nobody is that stupid with marketing.

13. yusupov

yusupov Registered

if you watch niels' latest yt video he mentions a couple times in-depth talks w/ rf2's physics guy (whos name i strangely do not know at all even tho i can name most every other sims). that mayve been natural shop talk stuff or it may have been part of a deal, who knows.

edit-- i specifically mention that bc he doesnt say anythting about conversations w/ other guys even tho i understand hes friends w/ aris @ kunos for example, & he says he admires dave kaemers work but nothing about exchanging information

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1