ISI Planning to convert RF2 from DX9 to DX10 or DX11 like iRacing did?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marcel van der Linden, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well, yeah, but you can't have people comparing their FPS when one is running a 100 meg well optimized track and another is running a 1500 meg behemoth with every object constantly switched on, which I think is the point.

Even the ISI content varies considerably, as you'd expect really when it's not all released at the same time.

2. stonec

stonec Registered

Well I think most tracks in Assetto Corsa and other sims can't even run 30 AI, let alone 40, so this is no "standard" test. When you test performance with loads of AI, it's also very important to have "visible vehicles" set to sensible value, if it's too high it will bend any PC on its knees.

I had a look at the Flat6 mod. Unfortunately they have encrypted the content so I can't comment on LOD optimizations or GMT polycounts. But I can comment on in-game performance: Flat6 has over 30% FPS loss at race start from cockpit view compared to recent ISI cars. With "visible vehicles" set to anything higher than the default "12", the difference in percentage grows even bigger. So this mod is not optimized at a level it should be.

3. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.