IS RF2 meant to be this atrocious....or am I missing something?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 65GTO, Feb 7, 2013.

1. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

Haha, I don't doubt it - the goat has the same single-circuit, nine-inch drums as the 6-pot Tempest.....except the guy who ordered my car deleted the servo and power steering as well as ordering the tri-power and four-speed!

I saw a gorgeous Corvair at a Hot Rod show in Belgium last year. I'll try to find it.....

2. dodswm

dodswm Registered

For £800ish, you could build a beast! Just bought the parts and did one for a mate of mine (minus the screen). Most bits were bought from Aria PC (based in Manchester and you can order online and collect - good prices too).

3. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

Nice one! I've heard of them...

4. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

even though I'm probably more known for moaning around, I must say: Tim, amazing service!

5. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

I'll second that!

6. C3PO

C3PO Registered

65GTO -- I had a system that would have been good for you a few months ago but gave it to a total lemon on another racing site who I believed was going to use it to test the software. Ideally, you need a quad core Intel CPU @ 4Ghz and a fast nVidia GFX card. Do try to get the best system you can, it'll be well worth it.

7. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Have a look around you'll see a lot of folk successfully running triples, me among them.

8. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

Oh well, I suppose at least it shows that I might be in the right place at the right time in the future!

I get the impression that in gaming in general there's an ongoing debate between whether you want an ATI or nVidia card. I take it the nVidia is better for RF1/2? Or does that sort of talk start fights on gaming forums?!

9. Stark

Stark Registered

Not at all, you are right, sooner or later even ATI fanboys have to admit that nvidia is much better in every way.

10. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Been with both over the years. The 9700 Pro was a great ATI card, but stuck with nVidia ever since.

11. frankwer

frankwer Registered

Tseng ET4000 is the best.

12. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

ROFL nice try, kid. Sorry to not feel guilty for your mates suicide, because of a comment I made in a forum - like you are trying for. The world is full of **** things that random strangers are not responsible for. Low blow - disqualified.

Grow up, kid. My ex committed suicide in the same room my computer was in. So I blame console gamers.

EDIT: Coming into a gaming forum with an ANCIENT computer, from being a console gamer, and calling a project ATROCIOUS because you cant run it - well you are lucky there are nicer people here than me.

Disgusting.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
  13. Pits

Pits Registered

Yes must agree, involving suicide in a general conversation with no strong related subject involvement is just iky (it is a word), it's sort of like ..yes it's a lovely day but yeah my mate killed himself the other week, what do you do with that on a forum. It's a head scratcher that he put it in there, personally I was genuinely shocked and even sad for him when I read it, I'm not saying he was disingenuous just interesting that he did in the general conversation.
    As we get on we know many who have done this and we know how sad it is, it's not a casual thing in life.

I want my three screen frame rates some have stolen back plz

14. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

i have them...you can have them back for 3...umm no.. 4 mars bars

15. johnconner

johnconner Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
  16. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

I'd sincerely welcome the help, advice and guidance of anyone here with more experience and knowledge. However, if the source of my PC, it's quality, and/or my relative lack of knowledge upsets you, please feel free not to contribute.

As for your edit, you might possibly have missed something. That matter has actually already been cleared up at around post #48. I have not at any point called any project atrocious, but posed a question: Is it... or have I missed something? The answer, long since established, is that I was indeed mistaken and that the apparent atrociousness was in fact down to my PC.

So as you can see, the issues raised in your last paragraph have, in actual fact, long-since been established. Though it's understandble that you missed it.

Enjoy your gaming.

17. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

18. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

Having done a bit of reading last night about graphics cards in general, I think that absolutely anything is better than the half-size ATI I'm using now. That said, I'm still surprised at how well my system runs rf1. I can have all the graphical stuff on, fill the track with cars, and there are no apparent problems.

Still though, it's clear that with gaming PCs you need to spend as much as you can afford because it'll be worth it.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Really he isn't that lucky, as you replied about it anyway.

Nand, I thought his mention of his friends suicide was not needed either, especially on a forum. I thought it inappropriate. And what I did? I didn't mention it. Neither did mostly everyone else. Why? Because it had nothing to do with anything.

You have then posted with a bit of vitriol there that really wasn't needed. Please lighten up, because you've just put yourself into the same pool as the person you had a problem with when you posted it. And if you'd read the thread, you'd see your whole post wasn't required at all. Chill out a bit. :)

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Report posts like that, let us deal with them, don't reply to them. You put yourself into the same pool by calling someone a name.