IS RF2 meant to be this atrocious....or am I missing something?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 65GTO, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Whykonen

Whykonen Registered

And about the money, you definitely want to spent more. Go to a computer store, small one. They can build you a PC specific for you.

Ask them for a future-proof gaming PC, they should come up with specs that are double of that 400 quid one. Price tag double as well.

2. Whykonen

Whykonen Registered

(And if you want a 3 screen setup, or be able to play rFactor 3 as well, you'd be better off thinking of that now rather then buying another PC in 2 years)

3. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

Funnily enough, I did call a local shop and the guy said "for £1000 I'll build you a flying machine which will run that game flat-out and with its hands tied behind it's back!"

I'll start saving..... ;)

4. Whykonen

Whykonen Registered

:D Cool. Would be great if you can start PC gaming on a think that brings you to 2017-2018. :)

5. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

My biggest advice, if you want to get in to sim racing which is a niche among pc gaming anyway, you need to be prepared to learn. Perhaps watch you tube videos on how to build your own computer, it's really not as hard as it looks, it just requires someone willing to learn. This will save you a fortune as pre built computers are nearly twice the cost compared to buying separate components.

6. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

If you put as much faith in ISI as you put in youtube to deliver absolute precise accurate video we wouldn't be having this conversation. Cars were on the track just not in that portion and where there were cars it was just as fine. I'm uploading the video now to wetransfer as we speak and you can judge from there. If you see stuttering then you're definitely more perceptive than I am because when I was behind that wheel everything was fine.

You have just inspired my new sig.

Living the impossible.

7. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Yeah when I said a grand I was talking US dollars

View video for yourselves http://we.tl/X8JNpVHOAN

I'll have a cars on track one done today some time for the Hater Nation. lol

I'm not knocking glorifying the game but I'm not kicking it's back in either. It does what it does. Lot of stuff I don't like and needs fixing but alot of stuff I love and it does great. I'm not gonna "+1" a rFactor2 for President thread but I'm not gonna "+1" a rFactor2 needs to go to hell one either.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
  8. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Yeah, lets see it as the last car in a 30 car grid... :cool:

9. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Well if I qualify last in a 30 car grid stuttering is the least of my problems.

How about some of you posting some stuttering videos and hardware specs?

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

A machine this old probably cannot be upgraded easily to run rFactor2. You should request a refund. You won't be able to run it. Hopefully you are still inside your refund window.

11. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

Thanks Tim, I asked for the refund within hours so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll be re-purchasing rf1 anyway after all!

12. 88mphTim

Re-purchasing? Do you have any details of your previous purchase? I can try to find it. Email me any purchase details you can remember: timw@imagespaceinc.com

13. Whykonen

Whykonen Registered

Oh about building yourself or not. Just think of it this way: For x amount of money I buy off the risk of destroying it when I try to do it myself. :rolleyes:

(Local stores can sometimes specify the cost they charge you for assembly, and the cost for material. Like how a garage does for your car repairs.)

14. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

Hi Tim. Hammad has asked me about that and I have no idea! I probably paid by Paypal but that's about all I can remember :/

15. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

By the way, I can't say enough about Hammad. He has given me so much of his time and has displayed immeasurable patience. He's actually sorting the install out via teamviewer as we speak!

16. 88mphTim

I found your purchase using your email, created a product key (that you need for rF1 v1255c) and emailed you a confirmation.

17. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

That's good of you Tim. Many thanks.

Sincerely grateful to you and everyone else for your help.

18. Duvel

Duvel Registered

With the greatest respect, whose fault is it that you are not having a good experience with PC gaming - ISI, or the guy who doesn't know anything about PC's and then buys a lemon and then fails to see that you caused these problems for yourself?

I also dislike that these same people will now bad mouth rf2 and being rubbish when it's absolutely 100% not, and tottaly the users own fault. I hope you accept that in the end.

You need a new PC by the sounds of it, and if you are going to play PC games, at least know the specs... sheesh.

19. corsa

corsa Registered

Sounds sweet! My college roommate had a '65 GTO, and a '70 GTO. I've got a '65 Corvair Corsa turbo w/ 4-speed... you'd kill me at the drag strip, but I'd leave you in my mirror once the road got curvy!

20. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

With the greatest of mutual respect, I think everything you mention has already been covered:

- Nobody has sought fault for my gaming experience. Fortunately people have been good enough to help improve both it, and my knowledge.

- I didn't "buy" a lemon. The source of the PC is included in the post of mine which you quoted. My friend had sold me on the idea of rFactor, managed to acquire it cheaply from work, and intended to fit a graphics card so I at least had a cost-effective starting point before he died. He even gave me an old, wobbly Logitech steering wheel! I figured out how to fit the card and have been trying since (admittedly very on and off - I travel a lot with work sometimes) to learn about the subject from a position of knowing almost nothing. Everybody here, at some point, once knew as much as I did then.

- As for "bad mouthing" RF2, post #48 clears that whole paragraph up. Is RF2 atrocious? No. Clearly. This has already been deduced through reasonable discussion (i.e pointing out to me that the spec' is insufficient) and examination of evidence (researching the spc' of my pc.)

- That I need a new PC in order to enjoy RF2 has also already been deduced, long before post #48.

If you'd like to share the benefits of your experience I'd be grateful, but if my lack of knowledge offends or frustrates you, then I can understand entirely if you'd rather not.

Enjoy your gaming.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013