Is RF2 loosing to AC the modders?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lgel, Aug 15, 2014.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Fascinating read, my compliments sir.

Hehe many of us here believe so, its up to you to decide though, between us you have already, so choose the sim you like and post there please, no point wasting your time here ;)

2. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

That's the mistake you make, you think I'm here to bash rF2 because I want to not like it - when that can't be further from the truth.

Accuracy = not rFactor 2
    Accuracy = not Assetto Corsa
    Accuracy = not Game Stock Car
    Accuracy = not Project CARS
    Accuracy = not rFactor 1
    Accuracy = not Race series

Sim is a lie. Has to be, considering even the pros can't come to a consensus of what is real. All of those are different, all of them have had pro drivers at various levels attached to them as saying "realistic". Whoops!

3. Miro

Miro Registered

Seriously man, you don't think there is enough self criticism around here? Just read the threads, there are all sort of rants in every sub forum regarding physics, features, UI, etc. This is just not the case as much you guys want it to be. Just open a praising thread here or something positive it will die in within two days.

Remember the discussion about the iRacing online structure in the AC forums? People went mental over there aswell.

As said, just open your eyes, it is everywhere the same. It just happens that people here disagree on certain topics with you. Why you call that crazy is out of my mind. I read those forums here and consider myself as a part of the community here. If somebody comes up and prays nonsense about the community how stuborn they are and crazy and bahsing only kinda then I will voice my opinion aswell.

What you actually think about the sim and what your opinion is about that I for the most part don't care.

4. Miro

Miro Registered

You don't know what I think man and you certainly are not in a position to tell what mistakes I do or not.

Yeah not accurate if it fits and favours your view of the world. But there are degrees of accuracy and iRacing fails there as a sim big times in 2014 because there are better ones out there. More of them, actually the most.

Sim is not a lie, it is an interpretation of data. If the data is right and the result wrong, it fails. If the result is good and the data wrong it fails.
    Sim is a lie only in the "sim racing" world. Simulation has it's sense and is very usefull for a lot of people.

5. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

This guy is hilarious.

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

You're even funnier, Empty

7. yusupov

yusupov Registered

if you want an rf2 fanboard/thread, post one. this forum is for discussing rfactor2, not cheerleading.

8. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

When I started sim back then with GPL, I want to do it coz i wanna feel how is it in real life.

But ive learned that NOTHING comes close to real life. Wut I do now is to adapt to wuteva platform and try my best to be fast there. regardless. Like ur previous post, I spend 1 hour practice for my weekly Asian iRacing race. Im happy to adapt, have little inc count and finish the race.

The ratio of result and time spent makes me happy.

Graphics, well..they look real but they sound so stupid. Mix them together and watching the replay make me think im watching TMNT...srsly. No one is concentrating on sounds. Because SCREENSHOTS sells and make ppl rob their banks and throw it at the devs. in racing wut u see is just part of the aspect. its NOT everything.

9. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Iracing fanboy. ask the liar if he does any " this car sucks" videos on iracing cars. He does plenty of rf2 bashing. Even makes up issues.

10. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Maybe if the rF2 DW12 wasn't bad I wouldn't have done that video. Not like I was highly positive with the Panoz, the Karts, the FR3.5 2014, the Howstons or anything....

Though it's really funny you keep going with that, especially seeing how I banned you from commenting on my videos a year and a half ago. Sure do seem to carry a grudge! You don't like me, I don't like you, screw off.

PS - I'm a Reiza fanboy.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
  11. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Ego spam, ergo sum.

12. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I wish someone would put him in an Emptybox and seal it up.

13. Minibull

Minibull Member

What the **** is going on here...? So we have gone from a thread where we discuss if modders have migrated, to a thread where people exchange personal insult and make what could be interpreted as a vague death threat. XD

I dislike Matt's videos (your talking style or presentation, it irritates me XD) but I have watched a few of them. From what I saw, they seem pretty decent, credit where credit is due, and criticism where it is due, that kind of thing.

Some of this is the behaviour that I loathe in ANY community or group. I make no secret that RF2 is my preferred sim for racing, but there's no need to go ape**** when someone brings up valid criticism. So long as they don't insult the dev team or are not blatantly trolling, what the heck is wrong with that?
    There are major issues with it. I don't doubt though that they will be seen to though. Just like I don't doubt AC will add more features to their package.

Back to the modding..........

14. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Hm guys i dont think you shoud go after Emptys neck so much, yes he had brought a lot of bashing on rF2, but he had also brought a lot of positive stuff on it. Look at Matt as a man who has differend point of view, You have to fall in love with rF2 in order to overlook majority of its flaws, frankly rf2 does have tons of flaws, but because for me the most important part, the actual racing, is totally unbeatable but any other sim, I am more than happy to overlook them. Some people are not, and some people dont consider rF2s driving experience as unbeatable so they will not overlook the other flaws. Empty Boxes most recent rF2 videos were overally very positive. The only not so much was the DW12 with which i personally actually agree.
    Also he brought up a lot of interesting issues about rF2 when it comes to oval racing. as rF2 has annouced a development of Stock cars, Track team has annouced works on second oval track, it is obvious that ISI is attacking oval racing, and Matt pointed out that there are many features that are essential for realistic oval racing that do not exist in rF2. That is simply true.

Please lets keep this forum non-hostile. We are strong rF2 community, lets not go after "outsiders" necks

15. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

This thread is painful to read.

Empty has an opinion, that's fine. Why is everyone so precious over it? None of what he said was false?

It wouldn't do for us all to be the same, would it?

He's just a guy who loves sim racing and happens to make videos too. It doesn't make his opinion any more or less valid. You all seem to react like if he says something its gospel. Its an opinion. Chill out!

(I'm not saying you're right or wrong, Matt. I just don't get everyone jumping on you like the devil lol)

On topic; Not on current evidence. It's too early to say imo

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

16. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

+1 minibull...

I've read from a lot of people the modding tools in AC or way better. From the videos I have seen about them though, sure doesn't look that way... Also,
    what a lot of people seem to forget, the source is going to be the same for about 99% between an rF2 or an AC mod. How I think about it, all the '30-minutes-spent-converters'
    are running to the easiest/most popular platform. I think these sorts of tracks rF2 can do without in the first place.. Any scratch made mod for AC, I don't see a reason
    why they can't be brought over to rF2 and work just as well as they did in AC, it's both new tech, targets will be the same :)

17. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Ye, f.e. the Longford track has been now imported into AC too so both sims have it, it will be the same for most of the mods as you say

18. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

lol....so AC is just a plugin to make ur rf2 looks better?

19. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

That is so far removed from what he actually meant :p

It's just what I tried to say, the popular mods might just as well be ported over between sims, with consent from the maker or even by the maker,
    and won't suffer from it. This is because there is not really a big difference in standard between sims*, it's not going to be the difference between
    an rF1 and an rF2 track for example, in terms of shaders, lighting, weather and budgets in terms of triangles and textures. For example I think
    if I port Zolder over to AC tomorrow, it'll look just about the same as it does in rF2. Not that I'm going to, but just to have an example. A good
    looking track will look good in AC and vice versa, same with a not so good looking one. There are no magic buttons in neither platform.

It's like with photoshop, you build your stuff, save it as a photoshop file. You then either save it as a PNG (rF2) or TGA(AC),
    although some functionality or specs may vary, results will reflect the source :)

(F1ASR GP2 and F12014 mods are good examples, quality in, quality out)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
  20. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

You are of course right, badly looking assets will look bad in any gameengine, but its not 100% true that what looks good in rF2 will look equally good in AC. AC has more modern graphics engine, with tons of post processing effects, better AA and so on. Same goes for pCars, Forza, GT6 or whatever. Those PP effects will make the assets look somewhat more exciting, not neccessarly more realistic, but more exciting, so they will be more refered to as "good graphics" So the exact same asset in rF2 might look "better" in AC because of this. I say that all these Forzas, GTs, AC and pCars would look almost identical to rF2 if they would switch off their PP effects, and PP effects are basically only fakes of what a human eye does. In fact, it removes the possibility of beign completelly realistic, as rF2 is ready to be implemented into a hardcore sim rig, with a projector and many more, and when you do that, all these PP effects such is motion blur, depth of field, lens flares, they will come naturally and dont have to be faked by your GPU.