Is possible to set the number of laps to serve a S&G?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doberk, Aug 9, 2018.

1. doberk

doberk Registered

By default it is set to 3 laps, so drivers have to serve the penalty within the next 3 laps. What I would like to say is: "ok, you have a penalty. You may serve it in your next pitstop". This is a real rule for F1, we can see how crews stand by for 10 seconds before change the tires if driver has a penalty.

Every mod have an option in HDV called "StopGoSimultaneous" that allows to serve penalties during a regular pit stop, but I think it isn't enough usefull without changing the number of laps to serve the penalty. I would like to set it to 100, or similar, in order to may serve the penalty in any lap of the race. Is it possible? I didn't find any option to do it.

Thanks in advance.

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

You'll need to make a rfmod with a custom rfm, then this line
    LapsToServePenalty = 200

200 is the amount of laps I put in our leagues when I was a league admin as we used full course yellows, there may be some bugs under safety car so if people get one that doesn't make sense they continue their races, just set the penalty serving to NO in pit menu and go ahead, at the end of the race I sent people back to their position using rF2 Log Analyzer (Live Racers results cant be edited tho)
    If people got a fair penalty and didnt serve it the game adds extra time in the end result (and most times it's harsher then) so win-win.

doberk and Daniele Vidimari like this.
  3. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

The F1 rule (which is a new rule) is that when you have a X seconds penalty you can choose to serve it during a pitstop or let the race direction adds the seconds after the chequered flag, it's not directly correlated to a S&G or a DT.
    But if you see the Blancpain GT race @ Monza last year, you will see the Bentley DQed for not serving the penalty after X laps.

Anyway, i know that some leagues are using 5 laps instead 3, so looks like it's possible, idk how but could be something in the player/multiplayer.json.

Edit
    Thanks @Will Mazeo i'll try it in my league since very often some drivers receives unfair penalties, and they are forced to serve it.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

One thing I hope is that the comp system will be able to deal with this and allow league admins to edit results (could be a week window for this and then results get saved) in case of bugs, this way of using laps to serve penalty (safest way to use FCY in a race) or league penalties. I know this can be abused tho so maybe saving both results could be a good idea and must also have a mandatory space to show a reason for the edit. @Marcel Offermans
    Would be also great if the server had logged the grid order under full course yellow (who people are being told to follow), maybe save this in the log every 5 or so seconds as sometimes there is a bug that the grid order can go crazy (or only save when there is a change). That would help admins to track if someone abused and did an overtake on a car they should follow without any reason for that.

Just make a clear instruction about this in your forum, if your members actually read it things will go smooth. Show them in a screenshot the top of the pit menu you can put "NO" in the penalty part and then you can just do your pit as usual

5. ceecee

ceecee Registered

If I remember, there was a JSON setting where one could take their penalty and do a pitstop at the same time.
    This instead of going back out after the penalty and returning to do the pitstop.
    Anyone know how to do this ?

6. doberk

doberk Registered

Cool. That's what I was hoping to read. Thank you ;)

Yes, that's true. In our case we have introduced this year new rules about cutting track. Previous years we used to review replays of qualifying and races in order to guarantee everybody comply the rule "always one tire on track". But it is a hard work, so this year we have modified every tracks with the cut track system, so rF2 penalizes with S&G any driver who drive outside the track. Many times penalty occurs for a few cms, and we think a S&G is a very strict penalty, because supposes 35s penalty. If you could serve the penalty in your next pit stop, penalty would suppose only 10 seconds, much more suitable in my opinion.

We use Log Analyzer to edit results: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=553607744
    This software gets the server logs and publish the results in a web server. You also can backup a log and edit it in order to apply time penalties after race, modify positions, apply DQs, etc. Finally, the app builds the clasification and generates multiple stats screens for the championship.
    If you have a private server for rF2 you can install the app in the same server and it gets logs automatically (my case). In other case you can install the app in a standalone server and put on it the logs you download from your rF2 server.

I found it in hdv file inside the mod. This is the line:
    StopGoSimultaneous=0
    // whether stop/go penalties can be served during a regular pit stop (time is added at end); default=0

You have to change it to 1. But this line is in hdv file, you will have to repack the mod after modify it .

ceecee and Daniele Vidimari like this.
  7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I talked about rF2LA in my post above if you read it all ;)
    The point is that inside the future competition system if you cant edit results as an admin of a race/league you cant do this trick at all beause as I said above editing in rF2LA is one thing, editing inside a competition/database system (like Live Racers) is another.

8. doberk

doberk Registered

Unfortunately it didn't worked for me. You can see attached my custom rfm, I put "LapsToServePenalty = 50" on line 51, but pit menu shows 5 laps in brackets to serve S&G, not 50. Where am I wrong?

R.

Attached Files:

9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

In your file

RecommendedAIAggression = 0.3
    SafetyCarAvailable = 1
    LapsToServePenalty = 50 <=
    DefaultScoring
    {
    RacePitKPH = 100
    NormalPitKPH = 100
    Practice1Day = Friday
    Practice1Start = 11:00
    Practice1Duration = 60
    Practice2Day = Friday
    Practice2Start = 13:00
    Practice2Duration = 60
    Practice3Day = Saturday
    Practice3Start = 9:00
    Practice3Duration = 45
    Practice4Day = Saturday
    Practice4Start = 10:15
    Practice4Duration = 45
    QualifyDay = Saturday
    QualifyStart = 13:00
    QualifyDuration = 60
    QualifyLaps = 12
    WarmupDay = Sunday
    WarmupStart = 9:30
    WarmupDuration = 30
    RaceDay = Sunday
    RaceStart = 14:00
    RaceLaps = 50
    RaceTime = 120
    RearFlapWetThreshold = 0.5
    RearFlapZoneSessions = 16
    PitExitClosedRacePenalty = 1
    FormationAndStart = 1
    NumberOfFormationLaps = 1
    HeadlightsRequired = false
    SafetyCarRoadMult = 1.00
    SafetyCarOvalMult = 0.60
    SpinRoadSeverity = 0.00
    SpinOvalSeverity = 0.10
    PitSpeedingAllowance = 0.2
    LuckyDog = 3
    LuckyDogLapsLeft = 0
    MinimumYellowLaps = 2
    RandomYellowLaps = 1
    ClosePits = 0
    PitsClosedLaps = 1
    LeadYellowLaps = 2
    ClosedPitPenalty = 0
    LocalYellowsRoad = 1
    LocalYellowsOval = 1
    BlueFlags = 1
    PrivateQualifying = 0
    AdditivePenalties = 0
    LapsToServePenalty = 5 <=

etc...

}

You need only the green one edited.

doberk likes this.
  10. doberk

doberk Registered

OMG, two times.. I didn't see this option was already set in the file.

Many thanks mate.