Is it possible to use Paddles and Seq shifter at the same time? (Secondary Options)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ProTraX, Aug 8, 2012.

1. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

Hey guys.
    I'm using a G27 with a modded H shifter as Seq shifter. But i want to use the Seq shifter and the Paddle shifter at the same time, sor i don't have to change the Settings all the time.
    At the moment i can't see a Secondary option in the Settings. So i have to Change the Up and Down shift all the time when i want to switch my shifter.
    Is it possible to use both shifters at the same time? Is there any Secondary option that i can't see?

Thanks for the Help

Regards

2. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

I don't think you can do that, but an easy way to do it is to save a second profile with the paddle shifters and the sequential shifter as your first profile. Then, when you want to switch, just load your other profile.

3. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

go into the logitech profiler bind a keyboard command to the paddle shifter and bind the same key command to the gears you use for shifting then bind those keys in rfactor to shifting this should work but not sure

4. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

Can't find a way to bind a key to the Gears in my Profiler :(
    Anyone knows how to do that?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
  5. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

It is possible if you use the H-shifter. The paddles are up and down, the H-shift selects the gear.

But no, you can't use sequential and paddle shifting at the same time.

6. Roadster

Roadster Registered

There are other ways to assign joystick clicks to certain keyboard keys.

I haven't used it myself but (open source) programs like joy2key can do that.

Assign in such a program both joystick inputs to the same keyboard key. Then use that key for shifting in your rFactor config.
    Like I said, I've never done it myself but I heard some people got it working like this.

7. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

H shifter and Paddles are mapped to keys now, but it doesnt work.
    Nothing happens when i shift with Paddle or H shifter.
    I maybe open a thread in the Wishlist section, to tell them that a Secondary Option would be very helpful.

Anyway, thanks for your help :)

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I wish they had it so you set your paddle up/down buttons, your sequential up/down buttons, and your h shifter buttons if you have one, then from there the car you choose would automatically select wether its paddle, sequential or H depending on the car, that would be awesome. (same idea above regarding which cars have auto blip, auto lift and both/neither)

9. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

I think you can solve this by using a third party software like glovepie or Joytokey:
    In rf2 map shift up/down to keyboard ie up to "U". In glovepie / joytokey set both joystick to emulate a "U" keyboard press.
    It would obviously be easier to implement a secondary mapping in rf2. Personnally I think this would be nice as I have button boxes and sometimes they are not connected so I could use the keyboard.

10. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

I think you can solve this by using a third party software like glovepie or Joytokey:
    In rf2 map shift up/down to keyboard ie up to "U". In glovepie / joytokey set both joystick to emulate a "U" keyboard press.
    It would obviously be easier to implement a secondary mapping in rf2. Personnally I think this would be nice as I have button boxes and sometimes they are not connected so I could use the keyboard.

oooppsss, similar answer has already been posted....

11. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

Dunno how glovepie works..
    Is there any tutorial?

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

13. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

when I get home today I will try this I'm currently using xpadder softwear my mind is telling me it will work so i have to obey it ;)

14. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Im not positive but I believe my G27 does use both. I know if I have my shifter in any gear it stays in that gear till I put shifter in neutral then my paddles work. I will verify this though.

Edit: Yep thats how it works for me. I can use paddles for up down shifting or the H pattern. I assigned the paddles in game for up/down shifting and also assigned H shifter to their respective gears and can use either one.

15. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

he what's to use the shifter as a sequencial and paddles at the same time

16. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

Skele, if you get it to work, can you please explain me?
    I don't understand this program, even with a tutorial :D

17. Roadster

Roadster Registered

ProTrax, have you tried joy2key?

I downloaded it to try and had it working in a minute.
    Download & Install joy2key. direct download link

Start joy2key
    Create configuration
    Choose buttons you want to assign keyboard key to (double click)
    While editing button, in the keyboard tab, from the 3 inputfields that say "Disabled", choose the top one.
    Hit key on keyboard which you want to assign to the button (I used 'E' in my test)
    Start rFactor
    Change shiftkey in controls to the corresponding keyboard key. (that's 'E' in my example, at this point you could just click on the paddle/shifter as it would be recognized as 'E')

Thats it! Make sure you haven't assigned the 'real' joystickbuttons to another setting in the config!

Tip: just use notepad while changing settings so you can check it right away instead of having to boot up the game everytime. When it works in notepad, it has a high chance it will work in game.
    (maybe non-info, but first line in screen was typed with shiftpedals and second with shifterbuttons, I had several buttons assigned)

[​IMG]

18. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

The problem is, i don't know wich Button is my Paddle shifte up and down, and wich is my 3rd and 4th gear on the H shifter...

19. Roadster

Roadster Registered

My joy2key didn't react to wheelinput, like automatically highlighting button I'm pressing.
    If you don't know the button numbers, just open your wheelproperties.
    Click your buttons in that window and then check which number it is.

[​IMG]

20. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

Thx Roadster!
    It works perfect after finding the keys :D
    Thank you very much