Is it possible to force skins off in game?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by hardtohandle, Jul 4, 2014.

1. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Hi, for the first time I am unable to get my GFX card (GTX 560) to run to an acceptable level fora upcoming race, the track is Daytona and mod SimHQ SCES mod which has about 10 cars in it and every one has its own custom skin distributed in the mod. The problem is that the circuit detail setting is ineffective on this track, and the mod is pretty heavy itself. All my settings a re minned-out, it is not possible to do any more.

I pretty much gave up now, there are no settings left to reduce, but first I wonder if it is possible to force skins off in my game somehow? So cars just appear to be plain paint job. I noticed player.ini has the following line...

Player Livery="" // Overrides default paint job for track

Is it possible to use this or something else to force the custom skins off inf the game? It will probably gain me some FPS. I never had a problem before even at Nordschleiffe but this track is a problem. Thanks in advance.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I assume you mean skin-transferals decrease fps? can't you just turn off skin tranfers in Display?

I don't think custom skins already in your folder add much to anything tbh.

Have you tried reducing viewable vehicles yet and turned down shadows? that's one combo that can really save the day at points. less cars/less shadows=instant profit.

3. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Hi Denstjiro, yes I turned everything off already I mean EVERYTHING, AA, HDR, shadows, 15 visible cars only, everything. It is totally minned out and still not cutting it.

The skins are not the normal skin transfers no, we get one big 1/2 gig rfmod which contains everything required, the cars, track and all the skins submitted beforehand.

I think with some tracks it makes no difference if you reduce the circuit detail, and this is one of them. I raced the AI with the FR35 and got +20FPS, I guess this mod has many cars and many skins.

Some kind of emergency hack is the only way I think, like hacking out a load of circuit detail as a patch which is beyond my abilities, or hacking out the skins somehow, I was just hoping there may be a feasible way to do the latter.