Is it possible to convert Assetto Corsa cars to rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Sanchit Rathi, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

Hello everyone,

I am writing this post to ask if you can convert assetto corsa cars to rFactor 2. First things first, I know that copying content from assetto corsa (ripping) is not correct, however I am talking about car mods. there are some car mods e.g 991.2 GT3R and AMG GT3 Evo that have been released. I was wondering if I have permission from the creators of the modders is it possible to convert these models to RF2.

Thanks in advance guys and apologies if what I am asking is unethical or something. Id love to hear from you :)

2. Sergio Loro

Sergio Loro Registered

hi, yes the 3d model can be converted, but i guess you will need a lot of extra work to make it work correctly.
    cheers

3. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

Hi sergio, thank you for your reply. I am interested in converting a 3D model and adding the converted exterior model on an existing car. E.g the AMG GT3 Evo exterior on the AMG GT3. Would you happen to know how I could go about it?

Thanks in advance!

4. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

You won't be able to put that dash on the S397 Mercedes. The S397 cars are encrypted to prevent editing. You would be able to apply it to the Simtek Mercedes as that (and the Lamborghini) are from AC.

Every car converting session is completely different, so I can't really tell you how to do it. What I would do is get the Simtek version working in mod dev, then convert over part by part from the 2020 AC version.

Sanchit Rathi and atomed like this.
  5. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

Hi Chris thank you very much for the tips and the advice. I will go about editing using the simtek vehicle, however I have no idea how to go about it or know any of the steps. Would you happen to know if there are is any tutorial anywhere that atleast outlines the steps to go about it?

Thanks very much for your help once again

6. stinkerboxx

stinkerboxx Registered

I would like to work on the project with you....reply if interested.
    I have some knowledge of what you want to do.

7. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

Hello, I sent you a message through the "conversations" on here. Look forward to hearing from you

8. David Acorn

David Acorn Registered

Hi All, I am looking to do the same, I have converted tracks from AC to rF2 now I would like to try a car. Does anyone have a list of areas I need to address? With the track it was mostly naming conventions and realroad etc but wasn't too bad following others that have done it. Thanks in advance.

guille36 likes this.
  9. guille36

guille36 Registered

Hola amigos alguien conoce a alguien que convirta autos de Assetto Corsa a rFactor? Algun mail, algun Discord? Soy de Argentina. Muchas Gracias

10. guille36

guille36 Registered

Hello friends, does anyone know someone who converts cars from Assetto Corsa to rFactor? Any mail, any Discord? I am from Argentina. Thank you so much

11. SharD

SharD Registered

It looks complicated, but it really isn't. All you need to do import the kn5 file through 3Dsimed, copy the texture files to the right map, then rename the .gmt files if you have more than one car, and then you have to make the .gen file. Physics can be created by yourself or taken from a car that resembles the car you've made. Converting works the same as usual, otherwise. Just make sure you ask permission from the original authors if you want to publish your mod.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2024