Is ISI still working on the tire model ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jameswesty, Jul 4, 2012.

1. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

My attitude regarding sims is that regardless of how fast I am, I must be able to control the car well enough so that my crash/frustration levels prohibit me destroying any of the electronic equipment within my reach, lol.....anyhow so as long as I can enjoy driving a car, then that alone is worthwhile to me.

These are the rf2 cars I'd like to routinely race against people{I much prefer MP for racing games}...

F2
    F3.5
    Senna 88 mod

If the servers were buzzing with just those cars, then my MP dreams would come true, but I also enjoy driving various cars, so I'll always buy other games for SP at the very least.

As for maxing out the physics, if there's little difference to the end users and the companies don't mind the expenditure, then I certainly don't object, but I suppose as HW advances, so do the GFX and weather systems etc, so it becomes fitting to move on from sims, though at some point{given how good they are atm}, one might be tempted to never leave a well developed sim, as the gains from the march of technology become minimal.

2. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Interesting discussion, I can see both sides definatly. I think I would prefer the car to be real, thus due to the things mentioned maybe feel a bit harder/less natural as in real life. That way at least I have an excuse for not driving flawlesly!!! :D

3. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Your attitude created NFS Shift, the nonsense that consoles have sims and that pcars is going to be a real sim.

4. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Luckily you really know me, and how serious I am ;) (and perhaps I should say that that was sarcasm ;) )

I don't really like shift, and never tried pcars, as I don't find it looking good (not graphicly, just the way the driven looks like to me)!!!

I'm not saying harder is better, but in some cases that is a consequence of being more real (at least number wise, if you know what I mean) EDIT :: probably wrong choise of words: I'm talking about missing the feeling in your body.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
  5. Domi

Domi Registered

I doubt anything is harder as a consequence of being more real, number wise.

6. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

well, I don't really knew how to say it, I guess I said it wrong ;) Like was discussed in this thread multiple times, I mean that in simracing you don't have the feeling in your bottom, which is very likely to make it harder. For me, I don't want it compensated (not saying that I really don't want it, but I think I prefer uncompensated)

7. Domi

Domi Registered

It doesn't need to be compensated, but it doesn't need also to be overdone on purpose to make it harder, as it happened with some mods/other games.

8. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I know that the drivers in leagues are usually better than on pub servers, but during my time on GTR Evo over 3yrs, there was only a handful who could produce a decent time and stay on track for the race, so most of those guys would think you're off your rocker trying to increase difficulty.

Another problem here is how do any of us tell the diff between maxed out physics{baring in mind that's not even possible atm} and good quality physics, for example, even though GSC's Camaro is one of the finest tin tops, RACEON US Muscle still have decent FFB/feel and controllability, and these were another car that most online couldn't do very well with.

9. Domi

Domi Registered

If the car is made properly and it matches the real car behaviour, that will help more the unskilled people, because it will be more driveable than those "hit 10% of throttle and you will spin" mods/games.

And in the worst case then can turn aids on.

10. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

But what if the REAL car is 10% throttle and instant spin?

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I really dont believe such cars exist, I understand its an over exaguration, but even racing cars are drivable as far as I know if someone doesnt go over his (not cars) limit.
    Ive ridden ridiculusly fast bikes which have less than half tyre contact with road and they were, well...drivable, so I agree with Domi.

12. Johannes Rojola

Challenge accepted. For our mod we well then ram 1500-2000hp V8 into a under 1000kg compact car. Street tires.

Edit: Lets have 1500-2000hp

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

LOL (I take it back asap) snow track too?

14. Johannes Rojola

No, tarmac of course :)

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Youre making it easy for me then :rolleyes:

16. Domi

Domi Registered

And who the hell designs a car to instant spin with 10% of throttle?

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Hell does not design cars, Hell designs dragsters LOL

18. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

10% would be really hard to find (in the dry). However, I think for instance the Indycars are cars you really have to drive carefully on road and street circuits. Especially the dallara from previous years (This year's looks better). Lots of power, with heavy cars, which were created for ovals..... You'ld really have to nurse the throttle, or at least that's how it looked from whatching it ;)

19. Domi

Domi Registered

I believe those cars have a lot of downforce. Not in F1 levels, but still high.

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

He said he preffered the "100% accurate no compensating but therefore slightly harder and possibly slightly not as natural feeling" way that we were talking about the last few posts. What does that have to do with nfs shift a complete arcade video game that anyone can pick up and play?