Introducing - the F3 FANATICS WORLD CUP!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

WOW, This event seems to be very well planned.

2. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Cheers. We are trying to make sure it works, and is most importantly - fair and fun for all.

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

My best guess is yes, we'll have a new build next week.

4. Philip

Philip Registered

Count me in...

5. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

We are going to need your drivers name!!

6. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Please don't forget to donate to the server's paypal!!

These costs come out of a drivers personal pocket, yet many of us benefit. It might be one of the highest bandwidth rF2 servers online.......period.

7. cambo83

cambo83 Registered

I'm up for that got it down to a 4.20 consistent and I've managed 4:19 a few times

8. cambo83

cambo83 Registered

Hi I'm cambo Gman put my name down already for the cup,was told by DD to ask in here for a skin to be done not wanting anything fancy just a spark skin of a Scotland flag and my name I.Cameron if you need a number and its not took 69 if not that then any will do.

9. Philip

Philip Registered

Sorry, In game name Steven, it does say in brackets next to my forum name....

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

take some clothes off psinet, you dress too much :D

Great OP, great effort, I wish you guys best of luck, sadly your time schedule is off my limits, I cannot function at this time zone.

btw it was about time a serious effort was done at aussie time, good job, thumbs up !!

Ill spread the news as much as I can ;)

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Whatever p I already said sorry to J-Holley , i never suggested the races were no wheels for pitlane.
    For 2 years in F3 Rookies we drive by that rule not even a single wheel.

So if we can cut pitlane how much , how long ?

People that I have driven with for 2 years in F3 ROOKIES do what I consider a proper line, frans does flat 16s and is 2 feet off the line giving pits heaps of room ......sheesh watch him

I can speak for Frans and myself I am certain we are not going to like having cars drive around the outside of us. lol :)

BTW "only one wheel " was suggested to me by JH, not the other way round , so get your factys straight , i never suggested ANY way of doing.

not sure what skins are about ? sequins ? ...... ok ok I get it.

12. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Calm down ;) Breathe.

No need to name names, when speaking in generalities. It is not necessary to make public melodrama. But if you wish.

I don't have to get my facts straight - because I never asserted any - other than you were incorrect in asserting to another entrant, that keeping inside yellow lines was imperative in the Cup (without consulting anyone organising the Cup itself), and indeed arguing with (and mocking) entrants who differed in opinion, until they rage quit and requested to leave the Cup.

You did do that.

Indeed, saying/pretending you are not suggesting/inferring something, and then just going right ahead and suggesting/inferring it anyway - well it doesn't make sense.

You are incorrect. We will allow it. You are free to think that is stupid.

I have already stated that half a car width/2 wheels across yellow will not attract a penalty. There is good reason for this.

Suggestions are fine, but if we have settled on something for good reasons, we obviously can't allow others to make rules for us because they disagree.

Policing yellow lines requires too much of the organisers and penalties system. There is no way to measure how far a wheel crosses a line, nor a way to tell whether it was accidental.

Considering the limited benefit and high risks associated with crossing yellow lines, it is safe for us to ignore it and prioritize our limited resources to focus on driver-to-driver behaviour.

On top of the ACTUAL rules requiring you to leave space for drivers, not cut and no contact, the issue is covered.

There are people who want drafting in qualifying. There are people who want 100% dmg. The fact that your particular suggestion has to be compromised amongst the rest, is not unique. It is a level playing field.

Please drop it and accept the rules of the event, and please don't undermine the event by being combative over them. This has been going on for a while now.

If someone does the unthinkable and impacts someone while cutting pit line (in this one track) - I can guarantee they will be handed a Stop and Go. Exiting pits has always required PITS to give way, anyhow.

If people want to use skins to identify themselves easier, that is a great idea. It is of course not a requirement of entry, and the driver labelling system is sufficient for marshalling purposes.

EDIT: Feel free to organise skins!

EDIT: Not all drivers are as awesome as you and Frans, and this event is also for them.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014
  13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

me awesome foc lmao rof

wake up to yourself G hehehe ;)

Cant get into BBs room crashed in the online menu.

i put mine up so he can come in and say " whats up" ? lol ;:)

I am not a fan of PM emails or any community clap

Tried 10 times still no go

14. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Wake up to myself? DD - mate - please stop being provocative. I have almost had a gutful.

I have opened a temp room for practice until BB's room comes back up.

! F3FanaticsCup

15. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

It is possible that the fact that not a single optional donation of $5 has yet come from any of the 20 self-nominated drivers, is related to the fact that the server is down.

I actually doubt it, but it IS worth having a stab ;) He has certainly not said anything.

I see no one mentioning they have donated - but I do see a lot of excitement over the cup itself.

Without BB's server - there is no cup. For the 10 races it amounts to 50 cents a race.

I have even heard grumbles from misers complaining that ''they have internet costs too - more than BB''. I thought that was a disgusting attitude. Being plain poor is a better excuse.

If you lent a Sudanese ex-child soldier/current student a gaming rig - during wartime - and gave him 3 weeks to find $US5 to enter this cup - I am pretty sure they could get it done. Just sayin.

Yes, I am sure you have a computer and home internet, with associated costs. I am sure they are high. So does BB - on top he pays for this separate pro server.

I don't know how many of you can accommodate 32 drivers plus spectators, with enough reach to service the whole internet with low pings (or provide one for under $5) - but BB's server can.

Please donate. Details in original (first) post.

EDIT: I voluntarily donated to BB's server a long time ago - when I realised he carried the cost himself, and has for many many months (years?) - and yet so many people used it.
    He has always been open to ideas and input, and has been fully behind this idea to host the cup. I will - of course - also be paying this entry donation (once Paypal unlocks my account again......)

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Leave a message on my profile if you want me to push the league on FB, etc. Happy to do it once you know what's going on with the server.

17. Jamie Shorting

I'll say something here. Personally I'm waiting to see how an event or two works out first. I don't tip the waiter/waitress until the bill comes. No offense intended here just saying my point of view. :)

18. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

???? Noted. This is not a restaurant.

The "optional donation" is supposed to be to help with costs staging the event (that is - paying for the server). These are costs ALREADY incurred - just so you have the pleasure of choosing to enter (or not). It has already been paid monthly, in advance, for quite some time before someone decided to organise its usage and help spread the costs - voluntarily.

I am doing this for free, and so is BB. I will not win. Volunteering to organise something always puts you up in the sights of people who want to be combative. You are constantly open to criticism (from strangers) while my wife is questioning my time spent etc. Of course, donations do not come to me. If anything, I am doing this for you, and so is BB.

We will not be paying for your entertainment indefinitely, of course. Ppl holding off donating $5 to make sure they get their money's worth is not what we were anticipating. The entry fee will become compulsory in the event that more than 32 drivers wish to enter. Community models require voluntary community participation. Those who do participate and contribute will be prioritized over those who don't - obviously. I believe we will continue to act fairly. But I do admit to questioning why I am bothering, at least once a day! People can be utterly bewildering.

EDIT: As I have said previously - if this is about being poor - I totally understand.

19. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Thanks Tim. I'll give regular and local people another day or so to lock in a place, before probably taking you up on that. BTW atm it is just a one-off Cup (ok a 10rnd Cup) - as opposed to a League. Not certain I want to get too involved in organising something longer-term/more permanent yet. We are waiting to see how the community responds. As they say - you don't tip the waiter/waitress until the bill comes.

The server is solid - now and then Bryan B shuts it down for whatever. He has had it going a long time now. It is sleepy-time in the US, however.

20. Jamie Shorting

Not at all but I'll be blunt here and I hope you understand. It's about me not knowing you from a hole in the wall. I'm not trying to be rude or whatever I'm just being honest and straightforward. My thoughts are and were that once I see this event is being run by mature adults, the five bucks will be well spent. I just hope you can understand my point of view. No ill will from me if I'm excluded from the events for feeling this way. I just am telling you my thoughts on this so we don't waste each others time. I'm not trying to create waves and I completely understand the time and money involved in setting this up. :)