Released Introducing KartSim!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 29, 2018.

1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I am not a VR user.

But I do not think there should be a TOTAL lock to the horizon.

The centrifugal forces acting on the body and the head of the pilot in real life (a lot) MUST BE SIMULATED, except if you have a powerful and realistic dynamic simulator.

Just my opinion.

2. Louis

Louis Registered

But if your "real head" is standing still these fake effects could cause dizzines or just unpleasent driving like head tracking when you move your head in some direction but have to keep your eye on the screen
    edit: i use head vibration engine (all) to give speed sensitiveness and just a little head physics to not fall in sleep
    on topic: pffff...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    chisco85 likes this.
  3. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

not for everyone. I prefer current exact implementation, and hope lock to horizon is optional, because it makes me dizzy (in other titles), as my brain doesn't expect car moving around me. Hopefully it'll be an option and everyone gets what they want :)

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@The Iron Wolf Yes, that's what I meant, and has been said in other threads. I'm sorry I ever mentioned it here.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  5. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

once you have tried the included Kart tracks, try those at Atlanta Motorsports Park. The elevation changes are awesome

6. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

7. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Can anybody comment on the feeling of these karts and if they are much different to the ones already in rF2? I find the existing karts to be slightly too difficult...

chisco85 likes this.
  8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

They seem to me very realistic.
    Rather easy even very easy, on the other hand they are quite challenging when trying to make very good lap times. They seem natural and probably realistic.

Sensations rather good (much less on non-laser tracks scanned).

The purchase is worth it.

Laser scanning is definitely the future: you drive 50 meters, you have very many bumps felt in the steering wheel. You go to atlanta or quebec or dallas etc: the sensations are much worse.

I'm still looking forward to sebring. What a shame it is not the nords!

Tony Irfan, mrsmr2 and Korva7 like this.
  9. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Indeed. I spent a good amount of time as well trying to find this pack through the Steam client and could not.

10. Goanna

Goanna Registered

John, you won't see the pack there, because they are not sold as DLC, they are sold as an "ingame item". S397 only have a certain amounts of DLC slots assigned by steam and would quickly use them up, hence the "item" route.

The major difference between the two is that DLC is usually 2 weeks/2hours played for a refund and Items only have a 48 hour period for refund.

Use this link to buy http://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/browse/?filter=Packs

Marcel Offermans likes this.
  11. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Finding these karts on the Steam Client was more challenging than driving them. Thank you 397, but please make your dlc easier to find in the future.

Also @397, only link to your DLC that I could find In the Steam Client is not only hidden away under the rFactor 2 'read more' text description, but Steam refuses to open the link, complaining that it's malicious.

If it weren't for my love of karts, I'd have given up. The invisibility of your DLC is probably losing you some sales.

12. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

There is some problem with the store page (not just for rFactor 2) causing the item store to not show up there. In the mean time the link @Goanna posted above (I'll repeat it here to be sure, http://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/browse/?filter=Packs ) gets you directly to our item store. We have already reported this to Valve yesterday and are waiting for a response/fix.

Dookie, John, Tony Irfan and 4 others like this.
  13. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Sooo.. now this is out the way for awhile we'd expect a good sized update for the GT3 pack we all bought months ago, Right?
    You know, dump the crap, fix the veh ini. Add the liveries from the comp. That sort of thing.

You know it does make it really hard to see a way to buy future content when it's so badly formatted and then just left. Just saying ;) Again!

Mibrandt likes this.
  14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I barely drove original ISI kart because I didn't find it realistic. If this kart is now realistic it questions the quality of car team content.

I am very reluctant to pay money for something similar.

Karei likes this.
  15. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Not quite correct...in your steam library click on your name at the top and select inventory and there you will see all you inventory items. No exit required.

And yes as silly as it sounds Marcel confirmed on discord that steam have only allocated S397 a certain amount of DLC slots...

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not if you haven't bought it, which is what I think was meant...

John likes this.
  17. Finnro

Finnro Registered

I have bought the kartsim package and nearly all worked fine, but i can't install the Glan Y Gors track. Every time i see the error "Failed verification".

Solved: After unsubscribing and redownloading it worked now.

Very nice pack, but please make a new driver model.

Tony Irfan likes this.
  18. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Thanks for the pack. Based on quick try, it seems that i will have lots of fun with these : )

Tony Irfan likes this.
  19. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I'm unfortunately not in front of my screen to check and give precisions, but there is a bug I think: one of the karts has, I believe, no indicator of wear or tire temperature valid

@Tony Irfan

20. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Are there any videos of the Kart pack to see what it looks like? A teaser maybe. :)