Internet thread: Share the fun!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John.Persson, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Coming soon... 24h of Nürburgring

Awesome lyrics. :cool:

Another interesting find:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
  2. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

WOW, This is amazing.

Basically gives one lucky RTS player a godlike position in ArmA3.

3. Hectari

Hectari Registered

4. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

This also: :cool:

5. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Unfortunetly that is changing and japan is seeing an increase in modern day diseases and obesity, the same rate of increase as america when processed foods were being introduced as the common diet. Before 10 years ago, where the japanese diet was the mainstream this was not the case. The fundamental change is the move the western diet of processed foods and this is not limited to japan but on a global level over the last few decades. What changed? The gradual change to the american diet of convenience/processed foods into the mainstream population. And it's not the fat that is the cause....it's the sugar (i.e. massive carb consumption) in these foods to make them addictive. Sugar in the very high consumption rates found in processed foods is the cause of 90-95% of all the problems. Sugar causes inflamation which is the real link to heart attacks (just one example). Did you know that the cell membrane of all the cells in your body is made lipids, i.e. fat! More specifically cholesterol and you brain is mostly made up of fat. If you suffer from dry skin, it's not that your dehydrated, is that you have a fat deficiency!!! Collagon is cholesterol! And those fat free fads in the food industry are causing such issues!

Man, there is too much to say here, best you just watch the video. ;)

If you don't want to watch 90 min of video, then just watch this mini 5-10 minute videos of which you should watch the first 5 episodes only to get the big picture of whats in the 90 min video.

6. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

7. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Someone is in big, big trouble.

8. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Sugar is highly addictive and they get you when your most vulnerable...as a child. These greedy bastards know no shame. Talking about drugdealers at schoolyards. Same principle.
    About the Japanese, it is our fault. Europeans brought this crap over there and I'm not talking about sugar only here. Our way of life has made a wrong turn somewhere. Not that the Japanese were all peaceful. But they had better rules for life imho.
    I'm only eating unrefined sugar, at least at the times where I get to choose myself. Which would be coffee at home or such. Still not good but better than refined sugar I hope.

9. Maug

Maug Registered

10. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Is this the ATC's fault? Or did the pilot of the taxiing plane not pay attention?

11. Jamie Shorting

ATC or pilot/co-pilot of either airplane. The investigation will find out exactly what happened.

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

dripper

I think I may have already seen one of those vids, I'll take a look tonight, these type of subjects are seriously important & it baffles me how most people don't seem to care & continue to buy terrible foods etc.

it's very good that your educating yourself on this stuff, your quality of life depends on it

13. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

It cannot be the landing plane. Landings have priority, always. Unless, he didn't get clearance.

14. Jamie Shorting

That's what I mean, who knows what happened right? :) I still would have loved to seen the face of the two pilots who were landing.

15. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

[​IMG]

You should visit the site where I got this gif. Funny read.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
  16. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Because we've been educationally hoodwinked into believing a dogma of what causes obesity, that we eat too much (by choice and the fat is the problem) and exercise too little (from lack of will power) and according to the latest and thorough scientific research, that could not be further from the truth.

I'll be honest, it is a processed food/sugar industry conspiracy but one based on university level scientific evidence that is demonstrating why and it's not just 1 university research institution that is coming up with that conclusion (that it's the sugars, hence carbs and the reason why that is so needs to be explained to us in order to understand why....because a calorie is not a calorie when depending on what your eating gets absorbed into the blood stream) but it's now being validated by a number of renowned universities who conducted their own independent research to the question of is it sugar (carbs) or fat that causes obesity. The evidence is showing systematically that it's the sugar and compared to the fat's, the sugar is 11x more responsible to cause weight gain than fat which actually means fat is not only not the culprit but if you ate it more to offset you carbs amount you would lose the weight like you can't imagine.

Just to give you an example, in the UK alone, this is the NHS (for those who are not brits its the National Health Service in the uk which governs our public tax funded hospitals and governmentally advisory on what we should be eating and what not. If you search on google uk "what causes obesity", the first hit is an NHS statement to that saying:

[​IMG]

When you have the most respectable health organisation in charge of our health and trusted by the majority of the public in the UK telling us this is the cause of obesity, people and society not only believe it but spread the dogma and it gets in ingrained into their heads that this is the cause and the problem is that is it ALL BLOODY WRONG! It's insane!!! They go eat less fat in the form of "Low Fat" processed foods and they don't understand why they are still getting fatter and diseased. Because of the even more insane amounts of Sugar added to make up for the lack of taste in the low fat foods because they removed the fat which holds the flavours! Ever tried whole milk vs skimmed milk? The skimmed tastes like dish soap....they add sugar in some cases to regain the flavour and you told to eat less fat so you go for the low fat milk or whatever processed foods and you get a humungous intake of sugar causing the weight gain but not from the added calories of the sugar but entirely from how sugar makes you a) over eat and it have NOTHING to do with lack of will power and discipline! and b) how the sugar spike has a domino effect of unbalancing your hormones that are entirely responsible for your weight gain or weight loss....not the number of calories you eat and not from people being lazy and performing a lack of exercise. That is the dogma!

Oh and btw, since killing the carbs and eating more fat in substitution and eating till i'm pretty much stuffed each time i have a meal and eating again whenever i get hungry next (which i have noticed takes a lot longer till i'm hungry again after a meal without carbs)....it's now day 6 and i've now lost 4kg and with no exercise or increase activity, in fact a reduction of staying in doors and more than quadrupling my fat in take compared to before!!!!

But it gets even worse than that and the entire picture is covered by Lustig in his two lecture videos:

Sugar: The Bitter Truth

&

Fat Chance: Fructose 2.0

17. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Whilst the harm caused from over consuming carbs (especially in added sugars which is all processed foods, even table sugar) is based upon the quantity that we consume (and it doesn't even have to be in the form of table type "sugar" carbs but from for instance over eating potato based foods which are a perfectly natural formation of sugars, it doesn't matter as it's still a carbohydrate and once absorbed by the blood stream from the intestinal tract they will both cause the EXACT SAME reaction of spiking your blood sugar levels if you eat the same carbohydrate based caloric quantity from either source). And in that way, it doesn't matter whether the sugar is refined or unrefined, both are chemically identical comprising of 1 molecule of fructose and 1 molecule of glucose. It makes no difference at all i'm afriad. I used to believe that they are different as well until 5 days ago Racefreak.

But if we ignore the bloody sugar spike issue for a moment (and how this fact and this alone is the cause for weight gain and if you are getting enough of a sugar spike which the majority of us do through processed foods then no amount of exercise will help you because the problem is with the fact that you've overconsumed on carbs which is easily done and the subsequent hormonal shift that causes which then directly affects you weigh gaining situation despite the fact you may be trying to eating less portions and less fat.....it won't make a difference to your weight loss goal. It's not the proportion amount of the fat that you eating that is responsible at all, it's the hormones being set out of whack caused by the sugar spike and this is not an small factor determining whether you weight gain or lose, it is in fact entirely 100% the governing reason for weight gain/loss and we are not taught about this and 99% of our GP's don't even know about this, etc, etc), fructose is also as toxic as alcohol because the body can only process them via the liver and the knock on effects of that on your health are 90% identical in the disease that the over consumption of alcoholism causes and we know if doesn't take a consuming too much over the small recommended allowance of alcohol per day over long periods of time (as it's a bio accumulating effects on the body that leads the diseases).

Now you might be asking, "but isn't the sugar found in fruit fructose?" Yes, and they're chemical identical, the fructose in fruits and the fructose that makes up 50% of table type sugars (refined or unrefined and are added to all our processed foods). The difference is that in fruits, there are multiple factors why it's not an issue (except for over consumption of things such as very ripe banana's and of veggies such as carrots which can easily cause a blood sugar spike but much less so than the sugars added to processed foods for example). The natural fibre in these foods severely restrict the total absorption of the sugars by your intestinal track. It's nothing more than a physical block because if the majority of the sugars are bound within the fibre (which makes up the majority of fruits and veggies) then the intestinal tract can't absorb as much of the sugars as well. Resultantly, the bacteria in your intestines actually eats the majority of the sugars as well further reducing your sugar absorption. If it's not bound with fibre then you body absorbed the sugars immediately in your intestines meaning you get ALL the sugar and in one big shot into your blood stream causing a sever blood sugar spike.

Dr Lustig makes a funny joke by saying that "In life two things are certain....fat or fart". And to explain that if you eat low to no fibre foods (which is what ALL processed foods are, why do they remove the fibre you ask? because without going into the detailed science of how it works, you can't freeze foods with fibre as the foods become mush and go off very fast...i.e. shelf life is directly related to the amount of fibre in the foods, hence why processed foods that have crazy ass shelf life's have zero fibre what so ever and as a result do not depreciated and hence why processed foods are also cheaper from lack of wastage of foods going off on the shop floor shelves) you will absorb the sugars in them straight away (and the sugar spike is what initialises the chain of metabolic events that lead to weight gain) vs someone who eats high (natural) fibre foods that also contain sugar but due to the sugar absorption restriction because of the fibre, the bacteria in your intestinal tract then eats the sugars and releases methane which is where and what fart is from. :D.....so i guess you could say that healthier people fart more :p. And i actually know this to be true with healthy natural food consuming people i know.....lol, don't ask me how i made that observation, the association just clicked for me once Dr Lustig made that joke which explained what causes fart.

18. Magus

Magus Registered

Just jumping in on this sugar vs fat, there are some interesting findings emerging from studies showing it's not actually sugar or fat that causes obesity, but foods that constitute a nearly 50/50 of each. So basically if you are going to eat sugars, it should only contain sugar (no fat), if you eat fats, then ensure they contain no sugars. As you can see following this rule then strikes out foods that are unhealthy/processed. A recent documentary on this was done by Horizon: Sugar vs Fat

19. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Yes you are right, it is when you eat sugar with fat that the concoction becomes magnified many folds at causing severe obesity. But without going on in the forums and repeating myself, please go watch the evidence in the two videos below that will completely show you how sugar is the instigator....why? because of how the body actually drops your metabolism and keeps hold on fat and makes you crave more food from the sugar spiking (again explained in the video) and that if you ate fat alone and no sugar....guess what, you would not gain weight but you would actually lose it and really fast. Because a calorie is NOT a calorie.

This one first (very short, only an hour of your time):

and then this next one that will absolutely have you convinced why it's sugar that causes people to gain weight as it explains the metabolic process by which sugar causes severe fat accumulation because it has NOTHING to do with willpower to eat less calories and less from fat but it has EVERYTHING to do with how our fat storage hormones are messed up when we consume too much sugar causing our blood sugar levels to spike which initialises the chain of events that lead to our demise of weight gain:

I BEG YOU Magus and everyone else here reading this, please do yourselves and those you love one of the greatest services you can do for them and yourself by watching these two videos alone! I promise you will be so happy that you did.

Never before has the notion "KNOWLEDGE = POWER" shown itself to be true than right here in these two videos!!!

20. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.