Internet thread: Share the fun!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John.Persson, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Ive seen that video.. That Buick gets some air.

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I wish Tim could license this car and this track. :p

4. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

That would be soooo freakin awesome! I want the 911 Cup cars! But never gonna happen on official license... :(

5. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Cars might be possible, not the championship most likely tho, but if they just would implement the option that player can make own championships with the setup they want like in race07, it wouldnt even matter at that point anymore.

6. osella

osella Registered

You do know that nobody except EA can license Porsche though.. some manufacturers with Porsche chassis like RUF can be but not Porsche itself.

7. baked bean

baked bean Registered

8. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Pomf.. Forgot about this one.. Jump to around 45 seconds and at 1 minute he starts the Jet Turbine that pushes the turbo to full boost ALL THE TIME..

Also none of you know fast.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2012
  9. osella

osella Registered

^Cool hillclimb vids, one of my alltime fav is this one though, F3000 driven by legend Lionel Regal

Notice how short 5th gear is in that vid, guess he didn't expect to go that fast OR FIA HC rules don't permit different ratios suited for each track? Dunno, either way going 243kph for several seconds in a forest must feel fast

10. Jos

Jos Registered

Funny how race tracks have to be super safe yet people do these things...

11. osella

osella Registered

^Well the thing is on a race track there is bigger chance of accident because drivers fight just inches far from each other while in hillclimbs you have the whole track for yourself so the "only" risk is your own fault.. but I'm not denying, hillclimb, rally and similar are nowadays generally more dangerous than top class circuit racing like F1

12. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

13. Hectari

Hectari Registered

I am very critical of bike 'sims', as how a bike works is very hard to properly simulate for whatever controller is used. You would need a bike to sit on that leans over and stands up with counter steering before i'd show any interest. I love riding bikes but can't see an affordable controller in the near future to provide a real bike sim experience, even the very expensive set ups are way off the mark. For example this ignores how a bike physically works, it's simple and crude(yes i am very hard to please when it comes to this lol):

I've only been interested in the moto gp games for a bit of arcade fun and to ride around the tracks before watching the races live.

I'll stick to cars for my sim racing experience and real bikes for super-manning the road and track.

It's still cool though and looks fun! I guess my main point against it is that with a sim you should be able to learn how to control the real thing, anyone using one of these bike 'sims' might think they now know how to ride a bike fast or would be well suited to it. They'll go out and get a sport bike and push too much too soon, with horrible consequences. A mistake on a bike is much more likely to end badly compared to a car. So often i see people on powerful bikes and they don't even have the basics down. It's a completely different animal on 2 wheels and is not for everyone. There is a much steeper learning curve to be a competent rider compared to a competent driver. A bike sim should punish you for all the little mistakes and bad habits that would drop you off the real thing. I think a proper bike sim is a huge task to create, would be much more expensive than the real thing so i suppose it just removes the danger at the end of the day.

Skip to 1:20 in this vid if you don't know about counter steering:

Rant over, sorry for going off on a tangent from the cool vid but 'Motorcycle Simulations' is used as a tag so i had to share my view on the fundamental problem of current bike sims :eek:

14. Richard Chmielewski

Richard Chmielewski Registered

oh, I so wish they would race bikes at LRP. Even a track day or two would be awesome to attend.

One would have to be nuts to actually try it though!

15. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

16. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

best rf1 mod:

17. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

18. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

1 person likes this.
  19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

20. Jos

Jos Registered

would be cool to drive the sim while driving the real track to see if realistic.

bit dangerous though :>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.