InternalsPlugin test

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by tombolt, Jan 12, 2012.

1. tombolt

tombolt Registered

sorry for my poor english.

I try to use internalsPlugin.
    After start game plugin sending all messages correctly.
    When i click on race and go to cockpit, in left top corner of screen i see a plug image and then plugin stop sending messages. After few seconds icon dissapear, and plugin working correctly back.

In first rF this few seconds stop is not exist - plugin sending data immediately after enter to real time.

Is it correct?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  2. OS-Chris

OS-Chris Registered

I'm curious about this as well. For me, UpdateTelemetry() is not getting called until the icon disappears.

Also, UpdateGraphics() is working the opposite for me ATM (works until icon disappears, then it stops getting called)

P.S: Can a moderator move this to the plugins (or bugs) sub-forum please ;)

3. magicfr

magicfr Registered

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There is a delay before it starts working. Not sure of the reason, but it's working as intended to by not working for the first few seconds.

5. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Thanks answering Tim.
    But why the function void RealHeadMotionPlugin::UpdateHardware( const double fDT ) is called during those very first 20 seconds, and then it is not called anymore when we need it?

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That could be a further issue... I'll mention it to devs.

7. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Thanks you.

8. tombolt

tombolt Registered

Is possible to change this delay? plugin start working when i am on the track. The best is when plugin start working before start engine - like in rf1.

PS.
    Feeling of the car on wheel with ffb is great - i have big smile on my face after every turn. Realy great job :D

9. Tiger

Tiger Registered

in my experience with this plugin, the icon appears when in the box, then, turns off when passing the pit line, there you may either turn it on or off, I don't understand where is the problem?
    ha, ok, you can't act on it when in the box?
    just because the car is in the "out lap" may be...
    and logging starts when you are on the track and not before... as it is ;)
    sems fine!

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

No it is not fine due to a lot of reasons.
    Just for example, if your theory was true, there would be no possibility to get/process data while in pitlane (ie session progress, weather conditions or event other drivers progres)

11. magicfr

magicfr Registered

It is not when you pass the pit line, if you stay in the box for 20s, the logo will go off, and the plugin routines will be called.

12. Bart S

Bart S Member

I am still experiencing this problem is there any news regarding this?
    I am building a motion simulator and I really need this to work the instant I enter the car.

13. tombolt

tombolt Registered

I still waiting for response too....

I still waiting for response too....

14. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Yes, Still so annoying.
    Also I got other issue to address.

When exiting the track, I do get the Exiting Callback, but I can't reset stuff modified in HWControl.
    In RHM I move the camera, and if the player hit ESC when camera is in strange position, I have NO way to reset it.

When player go back to track , he have the camera messed up for 20s, while waiting for the plugin system to """boot""".

I hope it will be fixed or we'll get the API to do things correctly.

Cheers,
    Seb

15. EricB

EricB Registered

I too am trying to use the internals plugin. I compiled and built the dll in VS 2010. There was a problem where the .dll wasn't copied to the correct directory, so I manually copied and pasted it to the folder c:\program files\rfactor2\plugins.
    Is this the correct directory? There is also a sub-directory called Qt with a lot of .dll files in those directories as well, so I'm not sure where exactly the file should be stored.
    When I run RFactor2, the plugin does nothing and the race appears to be totally normal.

16. magicfr

magicfr Registered

17. EricB

EricB Registered

Turns out that I was using the Internal Plug-in example for RFactor instead of RFactor2. Works just fine now.

There are different examples that can be turned off/on within the Internals example. This clearly shows how to get information from the game for use within a plugin.

What I'm interested in doing is getting some of this information and then displaying it on the user interface while the race is going on. I'd like to be able to display what kind of tires AI drivers (and the user) are currently using while the race is going on. I'm able to read this info from the data structures that the example program provides access to (at least in theory, haven't actually tested that one yet, should work though).

How should I go about adding this information to the UI though? Anyone know how to just display some sort of test message on the screen? Haven't been able to find anything on that yet although I'm still looking around for it. Any help is appreciated.

18. EricB

EricB Registered

Just found a way to add a message to the system. Haven't tested it yet, but I while. It's not really what I'd like to do though. What I want to do is modify the user interface. In the lower right corner of the in-race screen it shows who the drivers are around you (2 cars in front of you and 2 cars behind you). That displays how far ahead of you and behind you they are. I'd like to change that information to show what tire compounds those cars are using.

In the example plug-in I see information on how to send a message to the game system, which should be displayed over on the left side of the screen, but I see nothing on how to modify the existing user interface. There's also an option for displaying a message to the chat area, but that's not really what I'm looking for either.

Anyone know how to modify the User Interface from within a plug-in?