Internal Plugin Issue - All Vehicles

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by 64r, Mar 21, 2014.

1. 64r

64r Registered

This is not a new issue but it still exists in build 590 so as requested I will raise it here.

The internal plugin does not output any values for any of the wheel channels Lat Patch Velocity, Long Patch Velocity, Lat Ground Velocity or Long Ground Velocity.

The values are all = 0 for all vehicles.

Please let me know if you need more details.

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

is this effecting motion?

3. 64r

64r Registered

Depends on your simulator. Either way it is a bug or intentional.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim Staff Member

Will ask

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I assume the car isn't under AI control because most of the telemetry is empty if the car is under AI control. My dev machine doesn't have a wheel so driving is tricky so I tend to do a lot of testing with AI control. But to get all the channels to populate I have to wait for the car to get on a straight and then turn off AI control and let the car coast until it runs off track.

This probably isn't your problem but I figured I would throw it out there.

6. 64r

64r Registered

Yep, that's an annoying thing I have to do as well but for these 16 parameters (4 x 4 wheels) they are never populated.

7. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Member

OK, I think I can add these. We have to compute them special for the plugin because the rF2 tire model doesn't need this info, but it should be no problem.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Is that the most efficient thing to do? I mean, they're only being asked for because they're in the interface, if there are other values that are directly used and that would be useful (and maybe could be used to calculate the above values as well) then it would make sense to have those instead.

On the other hand if there are quite a few values involved it probably makes more sense to log these simplified ones :)

9. 64r

64r Registered

Hi Terence, I would be happy for you not to add these channels (just remove them from the plugin all together) but only if you added something else so that we can compute individual wheel speed. At the moment we have wheel rotation, but as we don't have the wheel radius we cannot calculate the wheel speed in m/s. The channels that I flagged as not populated could be used to calculate the wheel speed, but if it is easier to simply add wheel radius (or wheel speed m/s) then do that instead.

If you are modifying the plugin, there is also a long standing wishlist at http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...Wishlist-Build-146-The-Latest-List?highlight=. If I had to choose a single new item to add to the internal plugins it would be the wheelbase for the current car.

Thanks

10. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

duplicated here as Tim's advice:

Hello Terence,
    I found also strange data into the "conditions" for the weather environment of the sky. These are data (in Italian, but you can easily understand them):

CLOUD - RAIN

1) Sereno 0 0%
    2) Poco Nuvoloso 0 0%
    3) Parizlamente Nuvoloso 0 0%
    4) Molto Nuvoloso 0 0%
    5) Poco Nuvoloso e Pioggia 0 20%
    6) Parzialmente Nuvoloso e Pioggia 0 20%
    7) Molto Nuvoloso e Pioggia 0 20%
    8) Coperto e Pioggia 0 20%
    9) Molto Nuvoloso e Temporale 0 100%
    10) Coperto e Temporale 0 100%

As you can see there is no difference between a totally clear sky and a monsoon sky, as well as very poor values between a drizzly rain condition and a monsoon rain.

I hope you will be able to set rF2 passing the right values (internal conditions values like rF1 too is ok, ore the "human" ones) to the telemetry.
    Thank you.