Interesting document sharing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yzangard, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

With the recent emergence of doubts about the physics of rFactor 2, quite a few topics have emerged about the physics of a car's tires. In order for us all to start on an equal footing, I think that reading certain documents could be beneficial, such as this document from Michelin (which is therefore world-renowned) explaining quite a few things, notably the very nature of what makes up a car tire that once it reaches a certain temperature it "liquefies" slightly to better adhere (quite crazy when you think about it).

In short, this document is really useful to understand at least the basics, I'm sure other documents exist (so specialized books), so I suggest that we list them here (when they are paying) or share them directly when they are free.

Either way, I share this one which I find really interesting.

Link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/8k4i1m5ibajc5d6/tyre-grip-michelin.pdf?dl=0

PS: I also have some reading on other areas, including suspensions and shock absorbers for example.

mantasisg, lagg and Nieubermesch like this.
  2. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Good idea man. Will take a look at it when I have more time. Just took a look and I am sure not everybody will have the patience and skill to take some of those things in. Seems very thecnical wich is good ;)

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I have read somewhere that it is not the only the tire that "liquifies" when it really boils, the very surface of tarmac at the contact patch supposedly can also liquify instantaneously.

Thanks for linking down this document, will be a good read with a tablet at some time. I also still have to complete reading ISI TGM introduction document, and to read DOT HS 810 561 document that is linked in there.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  4. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I am starting to think I should just enjoy Rfactor 2 the way it is and leave all the physics talk and wok to others... Seems like a pain in the ass :D:D:D

Jim Lee and babu76 like this.