Installing New Content

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by nickbalti, Apr 5, 2015.

1. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Can someone explain how the new content install works. I have so many things that it won't let me install. The old one was quite straight forward. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but any assistance would be appreciated. I don't even know how to install vmods that I've created.

2. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

If you want to access old manager, go to rfactor2/bin32 folder, old manager is there.

3. kro388th

kro388th Registered

The only thing that really changed is the launcher is now also the mod-manager , you still need to place your mod/tracks/ectt.. in the package folder only now when you launch the game click the "open box" icon on the left ,this will load the new mod-manager , scroll to find what you added , click install ! , it also now has the remote content tab as well ,here you can download and install mods and tracks that have been added or released both 3rd party and ISI via 1 click ! pretty slick !

When you build a vmod with the MAS2 on the final page where you package it there is also an "install" button ! if you don't use MAS2 ..find the file and make sure it's in the package folder ,then fire upthe launcher and follow the above processes find/install !

4. Rik

Rik Registered

the only problem with new mod manager is that it is not possible to make a multi selection.you must select one for one and wait installation.

5. redapg

redapg Registered

I also would like to again have a Button to open the "old" Modmanager from the Launcher. And not only because i miss the mod-info.

6. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Thanks all I'll give that a go. My problem was that I've just had to reinstall windows and I didn't understand the new one. I'll go back to the old one mainly due to the point Rik made.

But can I just say, these recent updates, I'm loving rFactor 2! I'm awful but have so much fun.

7. redapg

redapg Registered

Don't the "Ctrl" and "Shift" buttons for multiselection don't work for you?

8. Rik

Rik Registered

ops Work! Thanks redapg so no problem :)