Installing mods and All Cars. I am lost.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by O11, Feb 10, 2013.

1. MJP

MJP Registered

Mine only works like that if I had it selected before I removed the file. If I had another series selected before I removed the file then it doesn't work. Similarly if I change the series away from "All Tracks & Cars" then I can't go back to it.

Should just add in both cases the "All Tracks & Cars" 'button' does still appear at top of the screen and highlights when I click it but the large icon (circular rF2 with a ring of different cars around its edge) does not appear and is replaced by the default rF2 'fallback' icon (rF2 logo on a lo-res background) and "All Tracks & Cars" functionality is lost.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
  2. O11

O11 Registered

I just deleted an All Cars mod I downloaded one time while truing to get that stuff to work.

Might also be that I just miss a piece of content. Because how I understand it you need to have all the cars and tracks for that option to appear?

3. MJP

MJP Registered

No, the "All Tracks & Cars" option is (and always has been) part of the 'full' build installation it doesn't require any further action from you.

Interestingly ISI seems to have removed the "All Tracks & Cars" option from the list in mod manager certainly in last couple of builds as I recall, perhaps to stop people deleting it in error one assumes lol.

4. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Well, I just had a closer look, that "all tracks & cars_10.mft" doesn´t seem to be necessary at all with a fresh installation of build 146, not to have that option appear at the top of the UI anyway. I selected the F2 mod, exited rFactor 2 and the Launcher, then deleted the manifest file and started rFactor 2 again. It is still there and working.
    I then went and deleted "Installed\rFm\allcarstracks_10.mas", which is referrenced by "all tracks & cars_10.mft". Now the option is still there but it does not work anymore.

If I understood you correctly, O11, you cannot even see that option, which is a different problem. So to make sure you have a prisinte installation, you should do a completely fresh installation with deletion of all leftover files as I suggested earlier.

And the "All Tracks & Cars" does not require you to have all content available installed. It is there to give you access to all the content you have installed.

Cheers,
    Marcus

5. Kiro

Kiro Registered

Ya well this whole mod manager/installing/need this before that/and so on still frustrating.
    Heaven help the noob, 50% will give up and never say a word.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
  6. O11

O11 Registered

I will try a new install again then. And also remove all the files I can find.

Thanks for the tips, guys.

7. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Yep, a friend of mine got a refund straight away because he was having trouble with the installation procedure. He simply couldn't be bothered with it.

His loss I suppose but I completely sympathise with any new players that feel this way.

8. O11

O11 Registered

This week whenever I felt like driving something I've started up the AC tech demo.

9. Kiro

Kiro Registered

LOL tried to update to 198 from 107.
    FAIL
    Never seen a game/sim that was so hard to get along with.
    It's like it really doesn't want you to use it.