Installer fault - choosing custom location results in only one location

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DreamWeaver, Jan 10, 2012.

1. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Registered

Installer Problem

When I choose and set the core folder and go into the next window to choose a different folder for data, then the core folder is automatically set to the data folder. How I discovered that? Because I installed everything and after installation there was only one rfactor folder with everything in it. I uninstalled everything and went through the install process again. So I discovered that the core folder is set to the same as the data folder after choosing the data.

Well, not good if it is required to install into different folders for core and data.

2. Alicatt

Alicatt Registered

Not a problem here, I put the core in the default location and the Data in D:\Rfactor2\ and they installed to the correct locations

3. Boyd

Boyd Registered

I have nearly the same issue as Dreamweaver. I changed the default path for the Data folder. My new chosen Data folder became the Core folder, and the original default data folder is ... well, the data folder.
    And there is no rfactor2 folder in my Program Files (x86) folder.

The installer has definitely got itself into a twist. I now (rathr too late) seem to recall Doug Atkinson (SimHQ) may have mentioned this in his review ....

EDIT: No, i was wrong. Doug tried installing into 2 folders within one parent folder, but had issues. Scott reports it worked fine for him. But that is a different issue to this one that Dreamweaver and I have experienced. Will reinstall using defaults and see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2012
  4. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Registered

I've now installed everything in the same directory H/rfactor2. Seems to work for now.

5. Boyd

Boyd Registered

I re-installed and just went with the default install paths, which worked. Not ideal (for me), so I might try another reinstall and see what happens. Hopefully ISI will help us out when we run out of Re-Activations ... :D