Installed, purchased, verified, logged in, got the Welcome message but won't run

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Seven Smiles, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

When I click on "Configure Sim" I get the "doing something" rotating circle for a couple of seconds then nothing.

When I click "Manage mods" I see "rFactor 2 Mod Manager" "Scanning for rF2 mod files..." for a second but straight away "rFactor 2 Mod Manager has stopped working".

I uninstalled, deleted the install directory (which hadn't been cleaned completely) and re-installed (including DirectX) into K:\rFactor2 then copied the 4 rfmod files into K:\rFactor2\Packages

Clicking "Host" or any of the 3 of the big buttons is the same as "Configure Sim".

Now I am running on my very old Athlon 3200 PC because my current one isn't booting so it doesn't meet the minimum spec and I did find
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RADAR\HeapLeakDetection\DiagnosedApplications\rFactor.exe LastDetectionTime 1cccdfa8dc572c1. It does have 2G of RAM and runs rF1 quite happily so I was hoping to see rF2 even it was unplayable.

2. Tolik

Tolik Registered

i think i got nearly the same problem...

after purchasing, installation and activating my rf2 account it doesnt start.

Mod-manager is running fine and shows me that the three series(+ FR3.5 1.1 update) are installed.

Doesnt mather witch of the big buttons iam clicking, it loads about one minute and shows me the standart "exe doesnt work" error message...

View attachment 431

Iam useing a notebook (Acer5542G)
    AMD Athlon dualcore M300 2,0 ghz
    Ati mobility HD 4570
    4gb storage
    Win7 32bit

maybe the reason are to low system specification ???

ISI help please.
    The game wont start, if our systems doent meet the min specs ???
    Even if its unplayable i would be happy to get in the game. :)

3. Jason123

Jason123 Registered

Does it work in devloper mode?

4. Tolik

Tolik Registered

No, for me it didnt.

now i have reinstalled it third time and took an other directory. Now it works.:eek:

so happy :rolleyes:

5. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Have MD5 checksums been provided for these downloads? A search didn't find any matches. That would eliminate one possible source of error.

Installed OK on another PC, generated an MD5 from that:
    a67b44adac2e80ac95b19945ac30848c *rFactor2_Build49_Setup.exe

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  6. Derohk

Derohk Registered

im still having this issue i can install mods but SP/MP/and DEV mode wont launch :/

phenom 2

on a 5850 at the moment
    6gb ram
    windows 7 home

ive tried several reinstalls and switched directories and administrator mode and even compatability but still nothing