Install encrypted cars in DevMode

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by lagg, Nov 17, 2021.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

I probably misunderstood you.
    You want to create Icons for new League Cars that use own Skins, right?

2. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

Exactly.
    Last season we used GTE cars. I created the skins screenshots of all drivers in Moddev, just dropping the skins in the car folder and opening moddev.

Now in GT3 some cars don't appear just by dropping the skins in the car's folder in Moddev.

Now you told me that with the new showroom, screenshot with transparent background can be done in Single Player. But as far as I know, in Single Player we have to generate an rfcmp file for the painting to appear in the Showroom. It doesn't work just dropping the files into the car folder, right?

Therefore, I will have to create 14 rfcmp just to be able to take screenshots. To test later if the screenshots were correct in all cars, I will have to generate all rfcmp again.

Things are already complicated and full of steps in rF2. And adding one more step makes it even more difficult. If all cars worked equally in moddev, as in GTE, the generation of screenshots would be simpler, because we can just drop files in the folder and update, and the car already appears in the showroom.

Last edited: May 3, 2023
  3. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

Although in Single Player we have the option to use Skin alt. I didn't even remember that, it's been a while since I used that option.
    I think that way we don't need to generate the rfcmp. I think that's what you're trying to tell me.
    I'll try that, thanks.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

@Jeferson Richart I also don't understand why we can not use DLC Cars in Devmode.
    But maybe it's too hard to code, who knows.
    The Method with the ALT Skins only works when you can load the Cars in the Showroom, what doesn't work with all DLC Cars, by only moving the installed Files into the DevMode, together in 1 Folder.
    I currently can only offer a GEN File for the Porsche_911_GT3_R_2018, to get it loading in the ModDev.

Jeferson Richart likes this.
  5. RoWo

RoWo Member

You can make only a *.mas with all the skin files (*.dds, *.json) and the *.veh files and put this *.mas into the car folder (with highest version number) beside the original car-upgrade.mas file. So you can load the cars in single player without creating and installing a *.rfcmp.

Jeferson Richart and redapg like this.