Released Indycar IR18 doesn't upshift

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by bastoner97, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Barnesf1

Barnesf1 Registered

I'm running Dallara IR18 v1.43. I don't own Formula Pro. I got the Oreca 07 LMP2 and it shifts fine. It's only in the Dallara IR18. I haven't installed any mods for Indy cars. The fresh install I did took a while. It looked like I did everything right but still no upshift. I'm using the Indy Oval and I have no AI in the test. I tried changing upgrades from road to oval and using default setups but nothing works.

Last edited: May 9, 2022
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I want to stomp my pretty little foot and exclaim "You're Wrong!" :) but dangit. Something is gumming up the works. I'll go back and test some more to see if my short test was in error.

3. Barnesf1

Barnesf1 Registered

OK I figured out why I had no throttle, in my testing I had turned off auto clutch and then forgot. I apologize for confusing you guys about that. The car was stalling because no clutch. I do have throttle but still no upshift. I really only have the default game installed. Both my PCs have the same issue, no upshift with v1.43. I've never installed a RC build only the current versions.

davehenrie likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Just ran about 12 laps with zero issues. We'll figure it out...

5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I just want to confirm that your rFactor 2 on steam has nothing next to it in brackets, like [Old] or something like that.

6. Mikawelll

Mikawelll Registered

I have don somes tests too . And the IR-18 1.43 works without issue.
    Sorry to ask this dumb question but you are in moove when you're tried to upshift ?

7. Barnesf1

Barnesf1 Registered

OMG!! I just found the problem. Logitech G-Hub. I have a G29 wheel and when I stopped running G-Hub the upshifting started working. It was running on both PCs. So weird because upshifting in all the other cars was fine. Something about v1.43 doesn't like G-Hub. My wheel still works when I end the G-Hub task so no biggie. Thanks for your help. I hope this thread helps others figure out why no upshift.

davehenrie likes this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

;) it's ALWAYS something. Go enjoy.

Barnesf1 likes this.
  9. Mikawelll

Mikawelll Registered

Ohh that a "big" info for the dev team i guess.
    Glad to see that your issue is solved ! Enjoy the game

Barnesf1 likes this.
  10. Flo Veninski

Flo Veninski Registered

Hello guys i have same issus here with FPRO and IR18 and i find only these car on tab TEST i try many many things these 2 last days and now i m lost... inbound7357482714695016459.jpg

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The rFPro is listed as Formula Pro in that menu.
    The IR 18 is located inside the Indycar menu.
    The test cars are just that, test vehicles mainly used when the Release Candidate was being tested. Since the Release Candidate has been cloned to the normal install, they have eliminated the TEST versions of the rFPro and the IR 18. They were both DLC content that you would have to purchase to be able to continue to use them.

12. Kobradelta1000

Kobradelta1000 Registered

have the same issue, no upshift at all :(

13. Kobradelta1000

Have checked the files now via Steam, downloaded and updated 20gigs of files, every original dlc is (now!!!......), after the mouse cursor hoax since years after each update, i get Rf2 to work again- except the ir18 doesnt upshift- instead there is a peep now if you try to..

Rf2 will never grow out of its technical bugs after so many years, doesnt it?

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Check the version number of the Indycar, that problem was FIXED two update ago. You should have v1.67 on the car selection menu. If not, use windows to go to Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles\DallaraIR18_2020 and delete the two folders. rF2 will re-download the correct files next time you launch.

Kobradelta1000 likes this.
  15. Kobradelta1000

Thank you very much for your fast help davehenrie!
    Success!, it statet befor 1.67 but didnĀ“t work, after deleting and redownloading the files (1.67) its fine now..
    Thats the wonderful side of Rfactor- the community :)

davehenrie likes this.