Released INDYCAR IR-18

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 2, 2022.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Heck it might even depend upon which track the actual photo was taken. Perhaps certain layouts use different exhaust packages. i.e. A superspeedway configuration vs a roadcourse car.

2. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

Easy the picture is car number #60 of Simon Pagenaud.
    So it is this actual season 2022, super Speedway Indy 500 config because of red marking special indy500 Firestone tires.

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Honda has two, Chevy has one. I guess it's just based on the Chevy.

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ehm, where do I get this?
    I can't see it in the workshop, its not in the game already.......
    What am I missing here?

5. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

In the store.
    Its not in the workshop and its not in the game.
    Few bucks.

Navigator likes this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

as Kiko stated, click on the workshop, then there is a button at the upper right of the graphics that takes you to the store. IR18 is a DLC paid item.

Navigator likes this.
  7. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks guys, got it!

9. Rodrigo Garcia

Rodrigo Garcia Registered

good evening.
    I need help from any of you..
    I bought Dallara ir18... but I formatted the PC on steam I removed the inscription from all items because some were having problems... but when I enter the game ir18 is not there..
    I looked in my emails for the link I received when I bought it, but when I click on it, the workshop's steam page appears saying that the intem is hidden or I can't see it...

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That workshop issue has been around for a few months now. Some change by Steam has messed up the way we used to view our DLC.
    Look at your inventory under your name when on the Steam screen for rF2. You will at least be able to see an icon view of the items you have purchased.

11. dav_0075

dav_0075 Registered

hello
    I have a problem with the indycar
    when I want to switch gears it is not possible I have the 1st neutral and reverse gear. the problem and only on this car

12. atomed

atomed Member

Are you on RC? If so you should use the IR18 under the Test section.

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That was fixed with v1128. If you are using an older version, then, as @atomed said, use the car in the test folder.

14. dav_0075

dav_0075 Registered

thank you for your quick reponses!
    indeed I drive in realese candidate .... but in test there is only the mc laren and the porsche ... it does not matter I will move on to something else thank you again

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The newest version of the Indycar is v1.65. Check that you have that version, that version corrected the no-shift bug. Several users had issues with the update download not getting properly sent via Steam. If you do not have that version, then find it inside the installed/vehicles/ and delete the DallaraIR18_2020 folder. Rf2 should then download the correct version next time you load rF2.

16. Magus

Magus Registered

I had this problem. I had to go into my D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles folder and delete the folder DallaraIR18_2020. It should get installed again on the next boot and then it worked fine.

17. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

useless but for more accuracy,
    (i saw it on a mod on RF1 long time ago)
    could it be possible to have the fuel door selectable depending of pitlane side (of each track)
    when applying car configuration (road course / short oval / speedway / indy500)
    oval side is always left
    could it be possible to have a second road course with right side ? (for St Pete, Long Beach, Belles Isle, Road America, IMS GP 1& 2, Portland)
    or fuel door selectable in a new upgrade line ?

18. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Update to new Firestone green sidewall guayule tires to replace the red sidewall alternate tire is hopefully coming soon. :)

Rui Santos likes this.
  19. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

hello fellow sim racer,
    this your friendly neighbor spi...sim_player.
    Lets talk about ARB on IR18.
    they are all over the place looking at values alone.
    so i decided to do a unique and weird test, i basically parked the car on a kerb and started changing values for FRONT ARB, from lowest 18N/m to MAX.
    and it looks like the values do indeed fluctuate looking at tyre loads at front >

IMG_2778.PNG

Here the front left tyre (red one) is the one on ground, and front right tyre is compressed by kerb.(blue one).

The stiffness goes up the load on front left goes down, BUT at certain values the stiffness goes down again(sometimes by big margin and sometimes by small margin), and the cycle continues.

so i grouped the values of front arb , in such a way whenever i saw decrease in stifness i then made new "group".

(All values in N/m ) >>
    Edit >
    Group A: 18,20,23,34,61,93.

Group B: 81,88,100,148,266,401.

Group C: 19,22,25,40,88,170.

Group D :82,96,108,176,385,733.

GroupE: 30,34,39,52,79,102,135,147,169,

Group F: 35,40,44,70,135,210.

Group G : 152,171,195,303,578,917.

*I made a mistake, since i have no way of know when i pressed onboard button the total no.of load fluctuations to ARB numbers didn't add up.
    so i updated the above, i think it might be correct now.
    So it is not as confusing as before but ARB rate do not increase as you press ">" button in garage setup, as it normally happens on other cars.
    So the number themselves aren't probably wrong but they need sorting.

So my question to developers, why is this like this ? it is extremely confusing, unintuitive.

also IRL there only 6 adjustments available for ARB in cockpit, in rf2 i can go from lowest to maximum.(which turned out to be a PRO for above testing tbh , but still unrealistic).

I wanted to do skid pad test too but ran out of time.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    Rui Santos likes this.
  20. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Hello all,
    A worrying thing i found about Indycar IR18. i was looking at dw12 upgrade file and compared it to IR18 one, for some crucial parameters they share identical values...basically copy paste. dw12 is from 2014 and IR18 is from 2020 more than 6 years between two cars with very different wing geometry , profiles etc yet they share same physics values. take a look >

oval config >

IR18 VS DW12 OVAL.JPG

indy 500 config >

IR18 VS DW12 iNDY 500.JPG

and more over i did the telemetry on indy500 config , and results confirm the above. I tried to match setup as best i could so that is no issues, both car ran with lowest wing and lowest radiator etc.

ir18 vs dw12 aero.JPG

nearly identical ride heights, identical downforce and drag levels.

2 possibilities comes to my mind,

1. the physics values of IR18 are placeholder , probably because S397 didn't receive enough data on new IR18.

2. both cars have identical number IRL too.(this one i highly doubt given the drastic differences in aero design of these 2 cars).

So i think a explanation is needed from S397 or someone who knows in depth about indycar, on whats going on with the above.

@Christopher Elliott @Michael Borda @Paul Jeffrey ......anyone from S397 please shed a light on above.

I wouldn't want a copy paste happening on paid content.