Indy road track "wobbly"?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Navigator, May 15, 2021.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

Is it a known thing the Indy road track (and normal GP track, not tested the 07) wobbles a lot?
    Its like you have blocked the tires a lot or running on marbles, so it feels.
    Its really bad and I don't read anything about it; so could be a fault in my installation.

Is there a way to check it out or is it just the way it is?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Definitely not just you, saw a few people talking about it after the recent updates to it. I didn't find it too bad, but hadn't driven it recently for comparison.

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Fixed it! :)
    Ow well, thats what I was talking about in the other topic.......
    This wasn't an old issue, but after the update (april this year) because I hadn't noticed before and in a stiff open wheeler; it was bad!

So, new content gets fixed, the new UI gets fixed........all the new things that brings in the money are getting fixed (yes, also the UI because it makes the game more attractive, they don't renew it for the second time for nothing) but things that are "free"......DON'T get fixed hey? ;)
    @Marcel Offermans @Christopher Elliott ?

So, it bothered me enormous. I looked into the files and I fixed it in 5 minutes!
    That bothered me the most; if I can fix it in 5 minutes........it probably would have taken S397 negative time because I'm not that smart and have no clue what I'm doing with tracks.
    But I was able to.

It makes a complete track undrivable and S397 doesn't seem to care?
    Thats how it comes across now, certainly because the least likely of all people got it done ;)

Shall I put it in Steam for upload? ;)

Hint; it was the .tdf [TRACKVAR] entries.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Is it an obvious error? I mean, is it a value that is "surely" incorrect? Or could it be as intended, but not to your liking?

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Yeah, it seemed pretty obvious to me.
    And it was really undrivable with a stiff, high camber open wheeler; every corner it was scrubbing so much, you couldn't feel the ffb; it was just bumping in your hands.
    Less so in a GT car, I have to admit.

But come on; this stuff should be an easy fix and it WAS okay before the update.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I tried it in the IndyCar when I saw reports and I didn't think it was "OMG this is broken" level, but as I said I hadn't driven the track for a long time previously.

I was referring specifically to the tdf value(s) you found, and whether the value you fixed was out of normal ranges. I don't think it's an issue to discuss such specifics.

7. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I don't get the last two lines; you ask about the values, but don't want to discuss them?
    Its late; I may be "not awake enough".
    But yeah, I compared it to the Silverstone track and one value (can't remember the name now, it had some "bump" in it) was 0,5 versus 3.0
    But I did it quick and dirty for now; swapped them all over ;)
    Sort it out later.

If I don't respond later on........
    My boss back in the day always said: "a nagging customer keeps you sharp".
    Over here, you just get banned ;)
    There is a moderator here, who threatened to ban me 1001 times for even blinking, so..... :)
    Come on; do it!

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, other way around :D

I felt like you were maybe avoiding talking about exactly what you'd found; I was saying it should be fine to discuss it (the tdf is open to see, and if we discuss exactly what is "wrong" it may (may) elicit a direct response either acknowledging it or justifying the value).

Sounds like the bump wavelength parameter anyway. If I get a chance later I might do some comparisons with other tracks.

9. Thomas Siefert

Thomas Siefert Registered

Hello Navigator,
    I just post about the same problem, i didn't saw your post, can you let me know the the way to fix it ? for me with a sc2 pro it is just unplayable, so much noise and shaking in the wheel (even with low ffb i still have a lot of parasite noise), i don't know where to find the .tdf and which value to change... can you help me?

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

No problem, but late here, in bed now. Can I do that tomorrow?

11. Navigator

Navigator Registered

You've got pm