Indy car and IMS Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 24, 2014.

1. nudger1964

nudger1964 Registered

some cones would have been nice - did a Capt Slow and got lost more than once

2. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

One has to be "a yank" to be able to appreciate American motorsports....?

Right. Goofy statement. Anyway rear end is way too stable on car. Go to the oval and thrash your wheel back and forth at high speed to see what I mean. Also carbon number plates on back tire ports are missing.

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Tim, is it planned that road has some reflections on clear sunny days, ive noticed this mostly on the road pit road and i think on some infield track parts to? Not sure if somebody allready asked here.

And btw, car and track looking and driving awesome!

4. tjc

tjc Registered

It`s a known issue Ales...

:)

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I can lose it with a decent setup. But we do suspect we need another oval data source to refine the car (see first post). How that will affect the car, we can't know. Same with any car with a single data source we build. It's rare for us to be that limited.

Can you explain what's missing? Pic, perhaps? Thanks :)

Sent using Tapatalk

6. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

Great job,

Thanks,

Leonardo ;)!

7. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Understood. Actually the number plates are there just no numbers. The ports behind the back tires usually have the car number. No big deal Tim. Just mentioning minor things. Would be more a livery discrepency anyway and I think you mentioned a while back you guys were aware of minor livery issues. Perhaps that was one. The 11 and 98 are licenced so I figured they would have the numbers.
    Cars are really fun to drive.

8. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

ah, thx :)

9. 88mphTim

Wasn't aware of those. Any chance you can link a photo showing one? Appreciated :)

Sent using Tapatalk

10. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

11. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

[​IMG]

They all have the numbers inside both rear pods on the oval config, it's not there on the road course / short oval pod though.

12. 88mphTim

Thanks :) doh, should have got what he said from his description!

Sent using Tapatalk

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

happy Sundays all

got up late due to being on this super new combo until about 3.30am last night,
    ( just made it up in time for monaco f1 though )

re.rf2 online is there any way to display how fast any given server is? ( ping rate )
    I don't think there's any way to know where the server actually is?

very excited on any clue what the next ISI track release will be, ISI are just going from strength to strength in the quality dept ( & I run with only min track detail )

p.s been watching Indy cars on YouTube maybe a start of a new interest

14. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hi
    I wish I could find the pic or post that Helio posted. The pic was of his after a speed test and it showed the decals were pilling off from the speed.
    Will we have that in RF2 lol.
    Ruben

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

15. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

I think it was mentioned earlier but worth mentioning again. The garage view tires have incorrect sidewall lettering and they also appear to be a hybrid of wet/slick.

Just another heads up.

16. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I do not agree with you here and I hope ISI isn't going to adjust this.
    To my taste, a lot of guys here think a sim is realistic when you look at the steering wheel at 10 km/h and the car goes round........

In this case; the default setup is pretty stable, yes, I agree.
    But make it so that the car steers in better and what you say, is not the case anymore.

I'm having acces to data from different race cars (open wheel, touring and GT) and none of them step out on the rear as easy as they sometimes do in the game.
    Please don't "mess up" this mod by making the rear way to light.

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The racey setup makes this car.. well yeah, more racey. Front end has a lot more bite, and the rear will snap on you if you push it far.
    The car will go where you ask it to go, but also demands that you treat it with respect!

So no, there is not too much grip in this car, in any way shape or form. Not if you actually go fast in it.
    If you feel like your in total control and the rear is firmly planted then you're simply not going fast enough.
    The default setup is grippy yes, but also damn slow. I couldn't keep up with AI on Indy RC '14 on 100 percent even though I was giving it my all.

Go for a more radical setup and it's like being in heaven. You really, really have to drive the beast and keep the rear in check.
    Then again you'll be rewarded with a car that can carry tremendous speed into corners!
    You'll fly past the AI in no time, and it's such a challenge.

By far the most awesome feeling in a sim ever! This car is utter madness. ;)

18. 88mphTim

Knew that one, thanks. Keep me coming if you see anything else so we can make the first update a great one :) that may be core issue though :(

Sent using Tapatalk

19. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

@ Navigator

You are entitled to your opinion and mine may be conveyed improperly. It is not that I think the rear should be lightened, I think the physics of the rear planting itself back from a fishtail is unrealistic. That is what I mean. I am a big proponent of feeling planted weighty cars in simulators and many do feel too light. This car feels excellent to me in almost all aspects except for this and slightly light FFB which I easily rectified with a bump from 1 to 1.1. For example, at Monaco today, several fishtails were lost on the second or third sway. The balance being lost in the rear and thrown side to side dictated that the car would come around. No downforce or rubber contact will stop this. The rF2 DW wont come around with the default set. This is all I mean. Hope I am more clear here. :D

Trust me if you can watch the 500 today, you will see what I mean.

20. 88mphTim

It's not meant to. It's a very easy setup. We posted others.

Not arrogant enough to say a car is perfect with one data source, but what you're saying isn't my experience with the car and a more realistic setup.

Sent using Tapatalk