Indy car and IMS Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 24, 2014.

1. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

A known issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The Loch and some 3rd party tracks have the same thing. Refletions are showing through the track.

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh, it`s a build issue I think, not a content issue... as long as I`m remembering what Tim said correctly...

4. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

The Indycar uses oval setup on road courses. How do you change that? thx

5. nudger1964

nudger1964 Registered

If you mean the AI, then it dosnt seem we have any way to change that at the moment - real shame as Im itching to try that car on road courses - so far I've only found one track that works

6. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

I got to give IMS and the Indy Car a run tonight, I have been sidelined with a kaput computer (kaputer?) ;) for the last month or so. Finally got the new rig fired up and wow,WOW, great work ISI Team. I did a couple of races on the ISI Server and had a ball. The Track is spectacular, and the Car feels great very connected.

I cranked the settings to MAX everything to give the new rig a test and it worked a treat, with 23 racers on track it ran smooth as (saw 95fps min at the start of the race and averaged about 135fps for the race) and looked EPIC. I did notice the Track looked a bit too reflective though, my only small negative. Again thanks guys great work, I'm off to give the new Formula Renaults a run now.
    Going to be a good weekend. :cool:

7. steviejb

steviejb Registered

The biggest issues I see right now is with the track, to be precise, the barriers on the oval. Just had another instance of my car getting launched off at ridiculous speed (out of turn four this time) after barely scraping the wall. It's like there's an invisible object there or something. The guy behind me must have crapped himself, I know I did! I've also seen this happen coming out of three and into turn one. If needs be I can post a video?

8. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Yes indeed. I think Portugal and Lime Rock were fine for me, but on Infineon and a few others they just stuck with the oval setup. Fixed setup in the PLR file didn't do anything.

9. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hi
    Did not someone say here that it is in the rfm file or the track config file to have the ai use the right setup.
    Ruben

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

10. stonec

stonec Registered

Yep, there is no way to fix that. Basically the car component contains a list of tracks for which to NOT use oval config. It has included all tracks that ISI are aware of, but there are hundreds of modded tracks so probably some were forgot.

11. MJP

MJP Registered

They should've used a wildcard entry set with 'Model=3' for all the unspecified tracks.

12. nudger1964

nudger1964 Registered

If anyone knows what that list is, I'd be jolly pleased to see it - this is really frustrating

13. MJP

MJP Registered

Unless they've changed how this stuff is done it'll be in the encrypted DW12_car.mas.

14. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

This file should be moved to a separate MAS so the community can keep it updated.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Something odd

Italy 10K select road and default setup has strange camber settings with no negative values on left side wheels ?

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Anyone watch Indy car (real world ) here in England live ?

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

A couple oval courses were deadly for that, where there were small expansion gaps or openings ( some bad accidents see uboobs)

The add on Indy did the same thing but was more pronounced.

You must allow for collision lag there too online a lot of cars and esp getting push in tow into turn from a car close behind, likewise if in fast draft.

Just give the opening a wide berth or if you rub the fencing it will force tyre into V at end :p

18. stonec

stonec Registered

Yep, but the MAS file needs to be removed from the main .rfcmp then. As soon as you change 1 bit in the rfcmp, the mod is broken. You could of course re-package a mod update yourself, but then you wouldn't be able to join any servers online unless they have the same version.

I can only requote what was being said last November, but I'm afraid there is not much development on this front.

19. willz

willz Registered

how do you get your steering wheel to show the rpm in numbers ??

20. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    OK not a modder
    And I might be talking out my b...t.
    Is this not where getmod and the rf2 file system would shine.
    You get the cars the tracks you change the settings if you have to you change the name a little that way we can recognize what it is.
    Create the file structure RCMP file.
    And run the dedi/host it.
    And guys can get it and race and no MM.
    I know there is more to it so don't slam me. :)
    And I am nor trying to make it sound easy.

Ruben

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk