Indy car and IMS Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 24, 2014.

1. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Hey Tim, on the official oval server its set to skip formation lap which causes problems, we had a few crashes as it seems a bit erratic the way it happens, could you change it so we do the formation lap please. :)

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Yes please do.... as it is very sudden and unexpected when it starts :)

Oh btw... how do you get custom paintjobs to be selectable on servers that support skin transfers?

3. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I know lot of guys around are waiting for me to ask the Stupid Question of the Day as they don't want to be "the noob guy asking noob question", so ok, here it is, I assume:

With those great cars are provided 4 setup (AFAIK). Only one is symmetrical, the road racer one. Does that mean the 3 other asymmetrical setup only work for the Oval layout, or are they also used for other layout (are they have small piece of oval in)?

In other words: Setup called with "2014" work with Layout not fully oval 2014?

I said it was the Stupid Question of the Day, don't be too surprised :)

Thanks in advance.

4. Twista

Twista Registered

The road setup is for the road layouts, the oval setups are for left-turns only.

5. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

That's what I thought. This will definitly relate with the three wide.

Still, pretty epic, much more so than a standing start.

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Just came in to post the same message. if works better if not good when the formation lap is not skipped.

in rfm you can also set start-to-green instead of start-from-finish-line. that would prolly decrease penalties as well as with pass-on-green its go right away.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Got it, thanks guys, will do that.

8. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Cheers Tim :)

9. willz

willz Registered

racing on the oval to me seems all too easy, its very hard to crash, you can hit the barrier, start sliding and its far too easy to correct, dont think it would be as easy in real life at over 200 mph, it looks good and sounds good but for me its all a bit arcade ish

10. sg333

sg333 Registered

I disagree. I have lightly brushed the turn 4 exit wall and the car gets THROWN to the inside of the track. There's something funky going on with sections of that area because I've done the same to other parts of the track and car reacts as you would expect, but that section off of 4 seems like its filled with landmines.

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Take some wing off.... then post again ;)

12. willz

willz Registered

i`m not referring to the bugs in the track just the the ease of control, as for landmines here`s one on the straight, just driver along and pow View attachment 12926

13. willz

willz Registered

wing down as low as it goes

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Well then, you must be a super sim racer... think maybe you should do some real racing, simracing is too easy for you!

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

lots of posts / views / feedback, it's a great thing as it shows lots of active interest

the very worse thing would be a release going out & is pretty much unnoticed hey

16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I never looked at it that way- good point. 16 pages of discussion must be good!

17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Unless its 16 pages of angry people :p

18. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Okay, I tried it today. Driving the oval is okay, but not great. Way to forgiving. I have hit the wall a couple of times pretty hard, (especially exit of T1) and nothing. Well, sometimes I spun due to the unbalance, but the car is undamaged (and yes I checked, 100% damage, and only auto-clutch). You really have to hit the wall (or opponent) hard to lose a wing and/or damage suspension (or worse). The car felt as if it had way to much understeer, but after changing to the 'racey' setup it allready was better. Still, I think the car would be setup more loose in real life, to go quicker through the corners.

Then tried the road course. At first I really hated the track (the layout, not how ISI did it :p ), maybe because of not knowing it, or due to the default setup (or both). Then after some time off I did a second try (this time with the 'racey' setup), and with a bit more rubber laid down, and having become more familiar with both the car and the track I had a blast!!! I am beginning to appreciate the layout. Not my favourite, but it was really satisfying to be on the limit on the track :)

Then I decided to try another track, to more or less compare this car on a track I had experience on with other cars. I decided a track I didn't really like, but thought would be suited for the DW12. I went to Palm Beach. And I must say, I definatly recommend that Combo. For the first time I really really REALLY liked driving around Palm Beach, I really think it is a brilliant track with the DW12 (with default setup to begin with, haven't tried 'racey' setup, or custom, but I allready liked it as it was).

Then one final thing I would like to get rid of: I find the layout choise of the oval a bit strange (probably sounds wrong, so will explain :p ). The cars etc. are 2014, it is released in 2014, yet the oval uses the 2013 infield (You can easily see that at the inside of turn 1, where the new Indycar GP layout isn't present). Not a deal breaker at all off course, but I noted it, and thought it was strange ;)

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

What was your amount of damage? I played on the ISI official server and the damage was set very low... so of course there was so little damage from hitting the wall.

20. nudger1964

nudger1964 Registered

well, I like it - I do have the same feeling as others that it almost feels like it has low TC...but whatever...maybe they use some fancy throttle mapping for all I know. I am more interested in using it on road courses. Everyone I have tried the AI has the oval wing....which is a bummer.
    Oh, and the road reflections are really extreme for me....my excuse for being slow on the oval is that I cant even see the turn before I'm on top of it

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014