Include/Exclude on Reflections (?)

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by blakboks, Nov 28, 2015.

1. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Hi all,
    I hope this is a really easy question to answer, but I'm not having any luck on my own right now. It seems as though I can't edit what does/doesn't get reflected in the cubemaps anymore. Can anyone corroborate this, or am I missing something?

I'm trying to get a reflection that only has the sky visible in it; does anyone know of any work-arounds on how I might be able to accomplish this?

I've tried removing all IncludeIns entries from a reflection mapper in the .scn. (I'm testing in both the Viewer and gJED, not actually in-game)

Thanks in advance!

2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Yes I can confirm that. We were experimenting a new sample method for static reflections, which is not using that list anymore. Problem is I can't say more ATM because I'd need to ask Joe if this stuff it's intended to be already there (in public dev tools), or it's a piece of code shouldn't be there at all.

I think ingame it's working as expected and reading the SCN Include/Exclude list.

I'll be back to you as soon as I have a final answer.

Sorry for the issue. :)

3. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Thanks for the quick response, Tuttle!

4. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Ok here we go! :)

Joe confirmed this is the new way to go;

Static maps now don't need to be populated anymore as they are rendering all non movable objects in the scene, by default.

You still needs to set Static reflectors on SCNs, with coordinates etc, as before, but you don't need to put any instance in there because it's locked to render all non movable objects already listed in the SCN.

So, back to OP, you can't limit Static to show just the sky.

5. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Thanks for the quick update again, Tuttle! Kind of a bummer about this (for an experiment I wanted to do with a shader), but I'm guessing it'll all be for the best eventually, anyway. Looking forward to seeing what's upcoming!