Incident Reports

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FDG Dizz, Feb 5, 2016.

1. FDG Dizz

FDG Dizz Registered

Guys not sure this is relevant here....... but what I'm after is the rF2 definition of an incident (aka as in incident report in Champ Manager). Seeing that there seemed to be an abnormal amount of incidents, compared what I would say was an incident. Is it an incident I committed, or an incident that I passed thru and not directly involved with, a wheel on a ripple strip etc. if you get my drift. What constitutes an incident. Hope there is a simple answer????? and can the not so important incidents? be vetted out.

2. Emery

Emery Registered

You're talking about the incidents reported in the XML log/results file, right? Where the incident is contact between a car and something else. Something else can be another car or an object, like this:

<Incident et="1744.3">Some Driver(0) reported contact (0.23) with Post</Incident>
    <Incident et="1744.3">Some Driver(0) reported contact (0.29) with Post</Incident>
    <Incident et="1744.3">Some Driver(0) reported contact (0.03) with Post</Incident>

As I recall, the last number in parantheses is the force of the contact, so you could filter based on whether the force is greater than some trivial level. If the incident is with another car, then the other car will be listed.

Hope that helps.

3. FDG Dizz

FDG Dizz Registered

OK thankyou that could help ........... It was just in my case (as an example) I seemed to have an abnormal amount of incidents when I couldn't remember hitting cars/objects....
    any idea where I can edit these variables ---- looking thru the game now...... maybe someone can point me int he general direction quicker than me hunting thru everything......

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016
  4. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Well, even a 'buttom-out' will be logged as an 'incident' (something happened) - the report does not only consist of penalizeable (?) contacts - that's to be evaluated, measured and filtered by whatever standard you wish.