SOLVED In-Game UI Selecting Multiple Mod Packages to Install

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by WeiKaiTsai, Jun 19, 2021.

1. WeiKaiTsai

WeiKaiTsai Registered

Hello,

In the in game UI, under Content -> Packages, I have quite a bit of mods that I would like to install. However, there isn't an option to install all uninstalled mods or a way to select multiple mods to install all at once. I would have to go through each individual mod and select install to install them.

Is there a way to install all those mods at once? Thank you

2. WeiKaiTsai

WeiKaiTsai Registered

In steam library, change the game to the beta version "old UI". In there, the old UI allows you to sort mods by uninstalled and installed. Select the uninstalled mods, choose install.

3. atomed

atomed Member

You can also use mod manager. I think it was in the bin64 folder and the file is called modmgr.

WeiKaiTsai likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

yes, install another UI, add ALL the packages, then move back to the current UI. When click, click, click, click one at a time is probably faster. The other methods work, but how much effort/time are you really saving?

5. WeiKaiTsai

WeiKaiTsai Registered

Hey smartie, switching the UI takes 2 mins to do. I didn't know about the mod manager at first, so I shared my own solution. Got anything helpful to say, or do you just want to spray some salt? Why don't you go ahead and actually try installing 100 mods and see how long it takes v.s. changing the UI to install them all at once or use the mod manager. Check yourself before you speak, you look way dumber than when you were simply silent.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  6. WeiKaiTsai

WeiKaiTsai Registered

Thank you very much, didn't know about this manager

atomed likes this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Please, oh please. I have PROVEN my dumbness far more times than you seem to know. I don't check myself, & rarely feel the need to do so & no rebuke by you will make any difference. So duly noted, Dang, I don't feel any different.
    . I merely pointed out that either work-around were 'probably' not real time savers. Yes it would be nice if we could add or delete multiple packages, asking the two guys working on UI replacements might be able to tell us if that is possible.
    I can imagine, yes imagine, having to re-install 100 mods. I have never had to do that mind you, I did wipe rF2 once completely and re-installed, I added mods as I desired, a few at a time as I remembered which ones I wanted. But if you have done 100 in one sitting, well bravo for you. Good luck trouble=shooting if one of them hiccups during installation.

8. WeiKaiTsai

WeiKaiTsai Registered

It's quite simple actually, you're wrong because both are time savers. I tried both and they are significantly quicker than your "click click click" nonsense. Since you didn't try installing 100 mods yourself, why even bother commenting when you have nothing to offer? Got something new for you to prove to yourself, you are also useless in addition to the dumbness. So, maybe start checking yourself again to find even more troubles in yourself.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Up until your brilliant reply, there was no mention of 100 mods. My response, I guess, was geared to what I assumed were average users installing just a few mods at a time. My reply was spot on for it's intended targets, obviously not just you. Many folks read these messages and learn from them. If you have 100 mods, by all means use the mod manager. If not, have a nice day.