In-game physics file for Oreca 07

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Han131, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Han131

Han131 Registered

Hi all,

I am new to rFactor 2 but have done some work in real life motorsport.

I'm using rFactor 2 with the DAMPlugin for generating Motec data, and i have some channels that needs information like the damping coefficient, motion ratio etc of the car (in this case a Oreca 07 LMP2).

Was wondering is there a in-game file in rFactor 2 that can provide me with such values? As surely the game requires these values to built the in-game physic file for the car.

I have looked into this :
    https://www.simracinghub.com/guides/418-extracting-the-physics-files-out-of-an-rfactor-2-mod
    But to no avail.

Please let me know if this post should be posted at another category or section.

Thanks.

2. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

MoTec math channels are pretty powerful; you can create a math channel that returns velocity and compare changes from previous laps with different settings pretty easily. Thats as far as I've needed to take it for gross level settings and use feel for finer levels.

Packers should never be overlooked as they have an effect on velocity once the suspension reaches them on droop.

One of the minor annoyance with S397 mods is many channels such as aero drag are obscured from the data. I set up a Math Channel that calculates HP to the wheels using the acceleration and drag data but it only works on non S397 mods. Its pretty accurate in both acceleration and deceleration data as a tool to tweak suspension, brake and gearing settings.

3. Han131

Han131 Registered

Hi John,
    Thanks for the reply, may i know where do you get the acceleration and drag data from ?? Which folder or file can i access those information from?

4. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

It requires adding a couple of math channels.

Acceleration comes from longitudinal G Force. You can null out negative numbers to only report positives but I leave them in. You also have to input the weight for each car to be exact. I haven't figured out a way to grab the weight from the wheels at a specific time like when you first enter the garage so when in MoTec screen I'll cull the weight at first than update the formula.

There is a channel that measures drag. I don't have the other PC running at the moment, I'll try to remember to look it up and reply later. You may need to activate that channel too, I don't recall.

I've not included tire resistance in the HP formula as its another variable that would require researching the tire physics files for updates, so it only reports HP to the ground. It's pretty accurate.

I've been a MoTec user for several years both for competition and product development. A dozen years ago we worked with MoTec to add Two's Compliment to read data from the Variable Frequency Drive for a diesel-electric drive Mining Truck (Terex MT6300), we had over 200 channels to store and about 50 math channels to analyze while we were developing the truck. We were planning on incorporating the MoTec in the final product with a custom LCD panel in the dashboard when Bucyrus acquired Terex and shortly after Caterpillar acquired Bucyrus who nixed the idea of using such an advanced system. Its a shame as Caterpillar has taken the entire diesel electric trucks back into the dark ages of technology. Had to share that.