In car cameras - having a nightmare

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by RJames, Mar 28, 2014.

1. RJames

RJames Registered

As the title says, I'm looking to create some custom onboard cameras but am having a nightmare getting the results I want.

For the sake if this test what I did was remove all of the "ONBOARDXXX" cams and start a fresh with:

LocalCam=ONBOARD001
    {
    functions here
    }

To start with i copied the default steering view functions and just moved the camera xyz to where I wanted it however the interior was always really low LOD, basically the same as you would see from outside the car.

Is there a way to define that the camera is inside and to use the highest quality LOD available or at least the same graphical settings as i use (max)?

Rob.

2. RJames

RJames Registered

I hate to bump this but does anyone have any ideas?

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Do you have these? I don't know if they matter, but they are the only things mentioning LODS.

LODMultiplier=(1.000000)
    MipmapLODBias=(0.000000)

4. redapg

redapg Registered

I don't know if it's the same in rFactor 2, but in rFactor 1 you had to set the LodIn and LotOut values for the meshes in the Cockpit section of the *.gen file not too low.
    Try LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(2.0) or
    LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(3.0) that should be enough.
    And if that don't helps, deactivate the Mipmapping in the properties of the meshes.
    All this naturally works only if the car already has a "HD" cockpit with higher poly meshes (not so important) and high-res textures. :)

5. Alexandre Bauer

Alexandre Bauer Registered

What file is located in the settings of cameras?