improved hud

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by FS7, May 4, 2017.

1. FS7

FS7 Registered

Since DX11 beta doesn't support TrackMap plugin it would be nice if S397 implemented an improved more complete hud, maybe something similar to TrackMap plugin or the DynHud in AMS.
    rF2 current hud is very bare bones, it only shows 1 info at a time, meaning I have to press buttons to cycle through stuff in the middle of the race, which is very inconvenient.

2. Comairis

Comairis Registered

I must second this posting for a better hud and TRACKMAP. I have other games using DX11 and with them I have no worries about having a spotter, trackmaps, hud and track-line and triples because their games have built in the 5 must have add-ons. Please S-397 do the game justice and your users will be pleased.
    I installed all the beta uploads but as soon as I discovered I had no add-ons I went back to the DX-9 version and will stay there until the suggested improvements are done.

FS7 likes this.
  3. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

The UI is being updated. Don't be surprised if a Trackmap-like HUD is inbuilt into the new UI.

4. stonec

stonec Registered

UI and HUD are a bit different things, the new UI is supposedly HTML5, while the in-game HUD can be a bit difficult to render with HTML5. But in any case a newer technology is needed, little point in building anything with the existing unflexible 1990's system.
    If you need a trackmap and track line as a must have, then I honestly think there are other racing games that suits you better than rF2.

bwana and Nitrometh like this.
  5. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

One thing I would really like to see in HUD is separate boxes for system messages and user chat. Would love to have an option to disable/hide just user chatbox, it can get really distracted online.

Alex72 and Badboy like this.
  6. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Usually that's not really the most requested or used feature, I think that TrackMap is a misleading plugin name, and it seems very possible that you never used it or know it's features yourself ?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@WiZPER generally I'd agree, but the post stonec was replying to did mention the trackmaps and racing line specifically.

bwana likes this.
  8. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Fair point,.

9. whip

whip Registered

a hud like AC where you can move stuff around with ease would be nice, make the elements nicer than AC's apps though as they look like garbage on that game, resizable with ease too would be nice

F1Aussie likes this.
  10. FS7

FS7 Registered

Trackmap isn't just about learning a new track, seeing other drivers on trackmap and their distance to my car can be really useful for adjusting pace, pit strategy, as well as avoiding collision with somebody who spun or crashed in the blind turn coming ahead.

11. Comairis

Comairis Registered

As you all may know any add-ons that you may have installed in the DX9 version work fairly well but, in the new DX11 none of these must haves work...so I am not to interested in the new beta's being posted to use. This wish request especially applies to the DX11 format because I have managed these must haves in DX9 nicely, after hours of configuring. Only issue I have with all this is that the hud elements do not sit where I want them to be ( and not movable in any way ) but all is still usable. Dev's please consider this wish list as very important to racers. To complicate things a little...there is no Trackmap or Hud that works well with Triple Monitors..I mean being able to adjust elements to center screen or where one wants them..all Trackmaps and Huds work on single screens for movement etc. Tech help is definitely needed to solve this problem.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  12. bwana

bwana Registered

Track line ?? Good lord no.. these recent changes are being made to increase visual realism and immersion. That goes directly against a track line with braking zones etc

13. stonec

stonec Registered

When rF2 was first released there were no good plugins for many months, but people survived. Same if they decided to release "rF3" tomorrow, it would have no plugins initially. I predict the plugin situation won't change before summer holidays, so it's either between DX11 and plugins at the moment. Btw, there are some custom third party HUDs that are a bit better than the default one, wedgeHUD is a good one.

14. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Similar to DynHUD with editor would be the ultimate. Let us load in images, change fonts, move the HUD elements around, save them in 3 or 4 different versions where one is for practice, one for qualy, one for race and one for MP, and they switch automatically depending on which you are doing at the moment. I have that in AMS where it removes the deltabar etc when im in a race, and more info during practice and qualy to know how well im doing. Its probably too much to ask for, but if one can dream a little... :)

15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I think that including the track plotting the drivers which is pretty much a standard in racing titles is a must. Having to use a 3rd party plugin is ridiculous.

Regarding the driving line, please include it as another driving assist. I think it is a good thing for the kids. I think it is really helpful for starters to later be removed. I recommend those purists that consider the racing line aid a crime, to quit using rF2 which already contains other blasphemies like traction control, ABS, autoshift, autopitlane...

FS7 likes this.
  16. bwana

bwana Registered

If you use them that is..

17. FS7

FS7 Registered

Agreed.

18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Already is one... turn off the "message center" in the display options.

19. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

I want a track map, because sometimes I forget which turn is incoming and I go out for a picnic...

FS7 and Badboy like this.